Why is the EPL so over-rated? (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BayernFussball ] ++
what is "the speech?"
I am William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny. You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What would you do without freedom? Will you fight?

Fight? Against that? No, we will run; and we will live.

Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while.
And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... our freedom!

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    then they all go: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, and they fight, and they die, good movie, good speech.

my fav. line in that movie is: "William, I'm your uncle............Argile." It is great, haha. I love it.

Sep 14, 2003
    Something made me laugh yesterday before the Utd - Arse match. One of the presenters (Richard Keys, for those who have Sky) said it was the toughest league in the world - add to that the most exiting, most entertaining. He really needs to watch some other championships!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    Something made me laugh yesterday before the Utd - Arse match. One of the presenters (Richard Keys, for those who have Sky) said it was the toughest league in the world - add to that the most exiting, most entertaining. He really needs to watch some other championships!
    IMO, England will never be home to the best football in the world as long as they keep clinging to their chronic "We wuz robbed!" victim mentality. Wenger invoked the "robbed" thing on yesterday's match, you can buy the official "Robbed Again" Euro 2004 polo shirt on eBay, etc. Regardless of how you think matches are played fairly or not, there's a definite culture of excuse, victimization, and finger-pointing in English football. It happens in Serie A and a little in La Liga too. But it's not exactly the kind of mentality that builds champions.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    it's fine if you hate the reds, but do you have to put it so crudely? I hate manu, but I don't hope their team dies in a bloody plane crash!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    we were playing in tel aviv, we were prob afraid of getting bombed, but yea, hat-trick from the dutchman Roy in Amsterdam.
    I would be terrified to even fly over Tel Aviv, let alone spend 90 minutes playing a match on an open field.

Watch out Ronaldo. :D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    we were playing in tel aviv, we were prob afraid of getting bombed, but yea, hat-trick from the dutchman Roy in Amsterdam.

Maakay was bloody good! his backwards header was so sweet. but I was impressed with how hard Tel-Aviv fought

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)