Why is Juve called Bianconeri? (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Is that really necessary josh?
well didnt mean to come off as rude, sorry. just thought that it was the more appropriate place to post the question. on second thought, we need a football/juventus faq.

peace ADP and Tom (buttbuddies :p)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
FYI, for the same reasons it's worth noting that Udinese and Siena are also referred to as "Bianconeri".

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
thats just the coLours they pLay. juve are the officiaL bLack and white team
i dont think Juve's the "official" Bianconeri, it's just that you hear it more often with juve because juve's more famous.

It's important to note that Udinese was even founded a year before Juve, yet it's funny how juve's the "Old Lady" :D.

also, AFAIC, Udinese have always been black and white, as opposed to juve who had the pink kits.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Juve's the Old Lady because she's the most succesful (domestically :groan: ) out of the seven sisters of Calcio, and Udinese's not one of them.

You're right about the original colours though

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Juve's the Old Lady because she's the most succesful (domestically :groan: ) out of the seven sisters of Calcio, and Udinese's not one of them.

You're right about the original colours though
I fail to see how "old" relates to "successs."

please quote your source.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
There was a thread about this before; the reasons why we're called The Old Lady. Maybe I should have said that we're the oldest of the seven sisters. My bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)