Why Is Del Piero Called Pinturrichio? (1 Viewer)

kharbana

Jul 7, 2003
Well i hope i can explain it good in english..

You know our avocatto who died months ago, Giovanni Agnelli..love always the style of Alex, so he put this nickname
Pinturicchio coz he said that Alex, it's like an artist when make
a painting....so it´s like magic and imagination..

It´s something like that...i don´t know much to explain it
in English...i hope you got any idea..

Byez :cheesy:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Pinturicchio was a famous italian painter who's master and teacher was Caravaggio. And since Agnelli named Baggio Caravaggio it was only right to name DP Pinturicchio :D :)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Pinturicchio was a famous italian painter who's master and teacher was Caravaggio. And since Agnelli named Baggio Caravaggio it was only right to name DP Pinturicchio :D :)
Thanx for the Info :)

OP
JuventiniSweden
Jul 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Yeah..thanx! :cheesy:

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    Hrm, the version I got was,

ADP was nicknamed Pinturrichio as his beautiful technique was likened to the artist's delicate and subtle frescoes.

Either way and together, it makes sense :D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    you guys got it all wrong. Pinturrichio is the Italian version of Pinochio. you know the cartoon guy with the nose that becomes longer when he lies. So Angelini, thought that Del Piero reminded him of this famous character that had black hair. Also del pieros nose was a little big, so he called him Pinturrichio, or Pinochio as we North Americans know it.

Thats a true story.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    But really I read it in many sources saying that it's about Ale's spledid football skills that is close to an art form.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    persianmafia, you are joking right?
    OF COURSE NOT. Think about it Pinochio and Pinturrichio. Theyre exactly the same, just Pinochio is shorter. It is shorter so that we illiterate North Americans can say it.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    I heard of slack's story numerous times. I also heard Nina's but slack's is a lot more common.

Persian Mafia I doubt your story is true because we Americans cant even say pinnochio(or is it pinocchio?) right :D

well pinocchio was shortened to punk- leading to punk rock, and stuff

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    Well it's funny now I realize sometimes we read one story on the net and then we'd never thought there would be other versions of the same story....

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Pinturicchio was a famous italian painter who's master and teacher was Caravaggio. And since Agnelli named Baggio Caravaggio it was only right to name DP Pinturicchio
    ++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
    ADP was nicknamed Pinturrichio as his beautiful technique was likened to the artist's delicate and subtle frescoes.

This are the two that are true.

Tariq

Jun 17, 2003
    BERNARDINO PINTURICCHIO
    Painter of Florence
    (1454-1513)PINTURICCHIO
    Bernardino Betti, known as Pinturicchio, was born in Perugia, and trained there as a miniator. He later worked with Perugino on the "Miracles of St. Bernardino", now in Perugia's National Gallery, and then on the frescos in the Sistine Chapel (on which Botticelli, Signorelli and Ghirlandaio also worked) painting the "Voyage of Moses" and the "Baptism of Christ"

it goes on but i think u get the point. So Persian Mafia Get your stories straight next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)