Why don't you put the files in emule/BitTorrent ? (2 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
There are restrictions. Some of us, including me, have problems with their ISP. My current ISP screwed up the P2P connections. File sharing is not working :( ... I just want to finish my exams and I will mostly be looking for another ISP.

OP
juve17

juve17

Apr 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    Sometimes, when you have restrictions, your provider block some ports. Then you must change ports and it's ok. For example, on emule the port is 4662, you can root it on another port (for example 8882) and all is right !

In France all is OK for us. ;-)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by juve17 ] ++
    Sometimes, when you have restrictions, your provider block some ports. Then you must change ports and it's ok. For example, on emule the port is 4662, you can root it on another port (for example 8882) and all is right !

In France all is OK for us. ;-)
    Since I am not very techinacal so this might sound stupid, can an ISP blcoks all ports for P2P sharing?
    The situation is like this, first they said that they have blocked all P2P. Then they are saying know that the P2P is set to a number of users. For an example, if lets say the max number of users logged on sharing software is 100, and there were 100 people using sharing softwares this means that you cannot use the sharing software at this particular moment. You have to wait till someone logs off so your sharing software will work.

My question, is there any way I can go around this thing?
    i use Bearshare, WinMx and Azureus.
    Help is highly appreciated. Thanx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)