Why Are People So Stupid #2 (1 Viewer)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    That's just too hard to believe.... I didn't know places like these exsisted. I knew Iraq was bad, but nothing like this!!
    :sigh: btw, technically my blood is North Korean because my father's parents both came from North Korea
    What/who caused the explosion Graham?
    NK's government (which is a shady source of information if there ever was one) said that it happened cos train cars carrying dynamite touched power lines

btw Erik and John, or anyone else interested... I still have that book about the North Korean woman's prison memoirs, I'd be glad to send it over

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

:sigh: btw, technically my blood is North Korean because my father's parents both came from North Korea
    So what?! I'm sure you're sad that you may have distant relatives there :down:, but it doesn't matter that your blood is like there's. It doesn't mean that you're like them. :)

NK's government (which is a shady source of information if there ever was one) said that it happened cos train cars carrying dynamite touched power lines
    tchyeah.. and I'm the arse-picking Monkey's uncle! :rolleyes:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Ah nuts! I forgot to search for that!! What was the title again?
    Eyes of the Tailless Animals

I don't imagine it'd be too common, and I've always looked forward to posting something to the other side of the world, so lemme know if u can't find it mate ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    I don't imagine it'd be too common, and I've always looked forward to posting something to the other side of the world, so lemme know if u can't find it mate ;)

Yikes. Really? I once sent something to Sydney - cost a bloody fortune!

Aug 1, 2003
    this is unrelated but I just read a book on the Japanese occupation and more importantly on the creation of the Death Railway.

honest, what do people see in starving other people to death and beheading them?

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    You know, to most people, running into a burning building to save a communist icons painting may seem ridiculous, but to others it would be deemed heroic. Please explain Rover.....

Well, weren't the fireman who risked their lives to save the Turin Shroud classed as hero's?....defying logic to expose themselves to injury or death for what...a piece of iconic cloth. And if the Mona Lisa was involved in some sort of danger from damage, you can bet your bottom dollar that some mug would lose the plot and risk everything...just for some canvas and timber...ahh folks...we are a truly dumb species:down:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    roverbhoy i understood what u said the first time.

but what u said about us being dumb: the value of human life is relative. palestinians kill themselves without thinking twice. but one car accident starts a million dollar researc project on car safety, recalls etc

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
    roverbhoy i understood what u said the first time.

but what u said about us being dumb: the value of human life is relative. palestinians kill themselves without thinking twice. but one car accident starts a million dollar researc project on car safety, recalls etc
    Well, you know, I couldn't possibly understand the mentality of a homicide bomber, but I doubt that they kill themselves without having any regret. Many leave sensitive messages to loved ones, or spend their last few days quietly in mediatation...and then go and obliterate a bus full of kids. I just guess that they have decided, out of a sense of duty,or hopelessness, or whatever, is that they can best serve their cause by doing what I'm sure, in the cold, hard dawn of day, they would agree is a horrible crime...but a necessary one for Palistine:down:

As for car accidents, have you seen or read Fight Club?...most motor manufaturers would rather pay compensation for known faults than carry out a recall, simply because it's more cost effective. I believe this is not just fiction, but fact proven in court.

Overall though, I get what your saying

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    fight club- theres a thread on it on the forums :D i saw it and i loved it. i know what ur saying. one of the pitfalls of the capitalistic society we live in.

about the palestinian thing- i cant figure it out yet, but i know for a fact that they arent sadistic ill-willed people. from everything i can see they want to look after their own interets and im sure even 9/11 had a lot to do with it. not that i justify it.

Jan 7, 2004
    fight club- theres a thread on it on the forums :D i saw it and i loved it. i know what ur saying. one of the pitfalls of the capitalistic society we live in.
    the guy at fight club works in recalls and stuff like accidents. he explains how recalls work. very cost profitablle for car manufactures

read this

A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

As for car accidents, have you seen or read Fight Club?...most motor manufaturers would rather pay compensation for known faults than carry out a recall, simply because it's more cost effective. I believe this is not just fiction, but fact proven in court.

Roverbhoy i was gonna say the exact same thing about fight club but then something happened and i didnt.

as u can see i responded to josh about fight club coz i thought that i posted and he responded to me. weird. get what i am saying.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    fight club- theres a thread on it on the forums :D i saw it and i loved it.
    cool...where?

about the palestinian thing- i cant figure it out yet, but i know for a fact that they arent sadistic ill-willed people. from everything i can see they want to look after their own interets and im sure even 9/11 had a lot to do with it. not that i justify it.

I guess it's all to do with relativity (not the e=mc2 stuff) and also the motivation behind ones actions...did these people run into the burning building because they genuinely believed their lives were worth less than the leaders pictures, and to hell with it, I'm saving them at all costs...or did they think...the risk of death outweighs the rewards of success: if this comes of, I could be a hero, and move up the bureaucratic network that is the communist party?

Option one is dumb...option two is blind ambition

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

Roverbhoy i was gonna say the exact same thing about fight club but then something happened and i didnt.

as u can see i responded to josh about fight club coz i thought that i posted and he responded to me. weird. get what i am saying.

I get it dude...are you going to see Celtic this summer?

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
    Jezzuz...your damb quick on that key board...and have a hell of a memory for remembering what you've read...I'm impressed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)