Why All This Media ? (2 Viewers)

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Sheva, Henry, Adriano are the top three strikers right now, all of whom are better than Zlatan and Delpiero at this moment in time. I agree with your other points though, Cannavaro is the best centre half in world football and Zambrotta probably the most reliable left back around, same goes for Gigi in goal.

As for Real Madrid, they reap what they sow, their whole aim is to generate as much publicity as possible by conquering the far east market and buying in famous players. Thats why they can get destroyed at home by the likes of Sevilla in la liga, they don't have any unsung heroes like EMERSON who holds our team together.

Think about it what would you rather have, a famous team or a winning team :)

and welcome to the forums!
very fair point, but i think terry is one of the best CB in the world at the moment

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Take a look at Porto and a more specific example, Valencia.
You are so right, ZhiXin. Valencia is another team that has excelled of late and has been largely ignored for it. Last season, I too felt as if all of the media coverage of La Liga was disappointed that their glory story couldn't be about all the stars on a floundering Real Madrid or about Ronaldinho's valiant attempts at a falling-short Barca.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by neath_lad ] ++

very fair point, but i think terry is one of the best CB in the world at the moment
I agree but imo Cannavaro is ahead at the moment, knows what he's doing been there done it etc.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
Ian how did you said that?

Cech the same with buffon and

Terry better than cannavaro?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Cech and Buffon are very different keepers, Cech commands his box better and distributes better, but Buffon is a better pure shot-stopper. It's hard to compare them, but I think they're pretty even over all.

And John Terry does everything that Cannavaro does and he adds aerial ability. He is deadly from set pieces and you'll have a hard time beating him to a ball inside his own box.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
here is what i think...

Real madrid with no doubt is the best team in europa in the last 100 years .... they managed to get much more trophies then any other team did in the world.... when florentino Perez got in charge of Real madrid he undertoke a policy in which he buys a famous player/ or more every season, which is , as far as i am concerned, not wrong by any means..... by this policy he aimed to, 1- get cash from his stars in an indirect way.
2- build a strong team to face the likes of Barca, Juve, Milan and other big european teams so he can keep the real's trend in place.
Mr. Perez managed to achieve his first goal, but the second lacked the spirit....

if we examine real madrid's player indivisualy we'll see that most of them are at least very good players to some extinct, amd most of them ( if not all) have played for their national teams...so where is the problem ?
harmony.. this is what they lacked through out the previous year and a half... ( and it was also what we lacked in the last two matches against Bolonga and Milan).

Media found this very interesting, so it ,without hesitation, focused on europes "sick man"... and i think if real madrid was doing fine on the pitch we wouldnt have seen all this media propaganda all over the world about the galacticos.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
The media today is 100% business...

No one will by a magazine to read about Zambrotta making good crosses or Cannavaro showing what the word defense means... The magazine will be sold only if it is talking about bust ups between players and coaches or a star lost his form because of his “secret life”...

Look at Beckham for an example; I won’t put him in the best 50 players in the world. But you will never find a newspaper without a Beckham story in it. On the other hand, Zambrotta a player who deserves a place in the best European eleven you will read his name in a newspaper once a year only and it is only if he scores!!!

So if real if full of the likes of Beckhams and Juve is full of the zambrottas then we can determine which team will have more stories on the pages of the media.

Aug 27, 2003
Concedring a club like real madrid which buys only the best of the best and not even give out their 100 percent are just a team that is wanted by every sort of media!
i mean come on!! every sports brand has a snigle freaking real madrid player! helloo explain to me what they have that our players dont!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Capo ] ++
U know the media cause me a headache.They just keep talking about the same teams all the time as if juve are some sort of a very low team.They either talk about Milan, Real, Or Barca.Why?because these teams have all the stars
this is non sense juve playes are worth all of them.
We don't buy players for the sake of propaganda.
we only buy waht we need
For example why did real buy Beckham or owen just to stir the media towarfs them
tell me who is better than ibra?
Or Zambrotta?
Or Cannavaro?
Or Buffon?
Or the Only Alex in the world

wait a sec.
aren't you HAPPY that we are not ALL THE DAMN TIME the centre of media's attention???
well,i am!

i don't want us to become like real,man u or like one of those teams chased by the media....

that we don't have beckham or i don't know who,and sell jerseys like crazy and have our players to advertise underwear.

you must THANK GOD that media doesn't give a shit about us.
we don't need to cause troubles/have superstars/advertise other stupid products/or i don't know what,to prove our worth.

we are JUVENTUS and that's ENOUGH.
and we are THE BEST because we are the ebst.
not because media has made us look like gods....

don't give a damn about media.... ;)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Cannavaro is as good as Nesta.

Buffon is better than Cech

Noone is better than Zambrotta

Emerson is hard to match

Nedved is Nedved ;)

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

wait a sec.
aren't you HAPPY that we are not ALL THE DAMN TIME the centre of media's attention???
well,i am!

i don't want us to become like real,man u or like one of those teams chased by the media....

that we don't have beckham or i don't know who,and sell jerseys like crazy and have our players to advertise underwear.

you must THANK GOD that media doesn't give a shit about us.
we don't need to cause troubles/have superstars/advertise other stupid products/or i don't know what,to prove our worth.

we are JUVENTUS and that's ENOUGH.
and we are THE BEST because we are the ebst.
not because media has made us look like gods....

don't give a damn about media.... ;)
Correct, and at least, Del Piero and Buffon are involved in some commercial stuff, but in a good way, not like Beckham who advertises for mostly everything.....

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
Concedring a club like real madrid which buys only the best of the best and not even give out their 100 percent are just a team that is wanted by every sort of media!
i mean come on!! every sports brand has a snigle freaking real madrid player! helloo explain to me what they have that our players dont!
ummm... their players dont have balls... our players do ...
:LOL:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

Correct, and at least, Del Piero and Buffon are involved in some commercial stuff, but in a good way, not like Beckham who advertises for mostly everything.....
well yes.
gigi's and ale's ads have NOTHING to do with beck's stupid things :yuck: :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)