Who's left?(Center Backs) (1 Viewer)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
    Well,Prso said he did on question who is leaving AS Monaco.
    Interesting. Nothing on the other players?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
    Non-logic. If Didier comes...there will be a Squilacci-Morientes instead Matteo & Gila.
    Don't assume that the manager we bring will absolutely determine which players we get. Before I found out about the Roma thing, I would've said with confidence that we'd get Ferrari and Gilardino regardless.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    It's kind of depressing looking at that humongous list of promising defenders and then reviewing the signing of Zebina :down:

Oh well, Jon is a pretty good acquisition because of his age and price, and there'll probably be quite a few additional purchases so I'm not too bothered.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'd say the same, but the fact that we can't even tie up Ferrari and Gilardino is bugging me, and the fact that Mexes also looks the closest to Roma is making me a tad nervous about a transfer campaign that otherwise I was drooling about

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    I'd say the same, but the fact that we can't even tie up Ferrari and Gilardino is bugging me, and the fact that Mexes also looks the closest to Roma is making me a tad nervous about a transfer campaign that otherwise I was drooling about
    Same here. I am not liking this talk in the press about Mexes and Gilardino. I think the latter's situation on Roma is not as bad as we think. Alberto has said before he wants to play for Juventus cuz he is a supporter of the club, so it is up to Moggi to do the work. And I remember Moggi saying something in an interview which illuded to the fact he was after Gila. So I still very much think Gilardino will play at Juve next season. Not sure about Mexes though. :fero:

Maybe Moggi will keep Gila at Parma for another season, thus cutting back on his overall price. And maybe all this talk about Tristan is true, and he would only be a short term replacement for Trez. After all, Tristan is rather cheap too. That might be a deal worth considering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)