whos going to get Chiellini - tug of war (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
one wonders what a player on loan/co-ownership must do to earn a place in Juve.

Miccoli and Maresca had proved beyond doubt that they could be world beaters,and that couldn't save them from Moggi's stubborn policies.

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
I totally agree Desmond, Maresca was a great player for Juve last season and they send him to Fiorentina and Miccoli aswell. In my opinion we should have kept both of these great players instead of having to buy Zlatan Ibrahimovic because Miccoli is better than him. I definately don't want to lose Chiellini but he said Zambrotta was ahead of him at Juve and he would like to stay at Fiorentina longer. That's okay I guess but a permanent deal, no way!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
unfortunately Moggi will be sticking to his policies after our good start this season.I bet he think's he's pretty darn smart right now.

Jul 28, 2002
if we make any signings , i would merely brinng in mutu and jank.......or bring back all three violla players...includig chie

May 30, 2004
well chiellini stays at viola for a couple of years is right cause zambrotta can be replaced .. he can be brought in and zambro moved to camos place which shuldnt happen anytime soon .. koz even if we lose camo olivera is right there..... sooo i think fiorentina need him more .. we shuld never give a way our right to call him back whenever we shuld always have half his contract same goes for dat lil bastardo miccoli hes gonna come back to juvy sooner or later whether he likes it or not... its like callin them into war as reinforcements they cant just wuss out.. their ass is OURS

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
if we make any signings , i would merely brinng in mutu and jank.......or bring back all three violla players...includig chie
absolutely,john.we shouldn't have let the three of them go to fiorentina,in the most ominous fashion all three have played brilliantly and declared their desire to stay there.

i wouldn't bring in mutu if we got miccoli back though.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
What makes me wonder about these co/ownership deals though, which teams owes how much of the player? Or is it simply 50/50? Does Juve have the upper hand, by including a clause in the contract?

If these deals are 50/50 and both teams want a player like Chiellini, things could get really ugly.. no?

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
What makes me wonder about these co/ownership deals though, which teams owes how much of the player? Or is it simply 50/50? Does Juve have the upper hand, by including a clause in the contract?

If these deals are 50/50 and both teams want a player like Chiellini, things could get really ugly.. no?
Co-ownership of players is used frequently in transfers because if you offer 50% of a player plus cash to a club in change for a good player your a more likely to get the player because it is cheaper way to get players and benefits both the clubs. Juve don't really have the upper hand in Chiellini's contract because he seem's to be enjoying playing regularly for Fiorentina and at the moment there is no room for him in Juve. When the co-ownership contract runs out the team that offers the most amount of cash will get the player or say if Juve dont need Chiellini for what ever reason they can sell him to Fiorentina for full ownership of Chiellini. Does that answer your question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)