Whom Italians like... (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
According to research by "AC Nielsen" (Sociological group).

Majority of Italians still support Juventus. It is followed by Inter and Milan. Roma is fourth, followed by... Napoli. Lazio comes next.

27 millions of Italians (49% of the population) call themselves football fans.
Of the 51% left, 27% don't care about football, while 24% really hate this sport.

Of the 27 million fans 6,2 million follow football really close (people like us).
7.7 million "like" football.
4.3 million are "observers". They just want to know who won on Sunday.
8.8 million are "random fans". They follow the game from time to time.

Sorry if this info has been featured already.

And no, I can't quote it, because a Russian website I've found it on did not quote it either.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
In my experiences there, I've found a large number of self-proclaimed fans who hardly count in the category.

For a typical example, a few weeks ago I met a couple self-professed Juve fans. I told them I was trying to find tickets to the Coppa final. Sure, it's just the Coppa and all. But they had no idea who Juve was playing -- and barely seemed to even know what the Coppa Italia was.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Inter second?? i though it's like this
1-juve
2-milan
3-lazio
4inter or roma...

anyhow thx pendire for the information !

OP
Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ... welcome

You know, actually Lazio is less popular in Rome than Roma. The only people whom I met supporting Lazio were taxi drivers.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    ... welcome

You know, actually Lazio is less popular in Rome than Roma. The only people whom I met supporting Lazio were taxi drivers.

People just fail to realise the beauty of Lazio.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    In my experiences there, I've found a large number of self-proclaimed fans who hardly count in the category.

For a typical example, a few weeks ago I met a couple self-professed Juve fans. I told them I was trying to find tickets to the Coppa final. Sure, it's just the Coppa and all. But they had no idea who Juve was playing -- and barely seemed to even know what the Coppa Italia was.

imagine me doing the same thing that the person in your avatar is doing. is that silvio btw?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    imagine me doing the same thing that the person in your avatar is doing. is that silvio btw?
    Yep, he may look a little less orange than usual, but that's Silvio in my avatar.

It really has nothing to do with Juve, other than being the national PM who sticks his nose heavily in calcio affairs and wants more of the credit. But his expression in the photo could be considered rather pro-Juve. :D

Back on the subject of discussion, let's also not forget that Juve are clearly the most hated team in Italy as well.

Aug 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    ... welcome

:LOL:

actually this may sound wierd but when i was in Rome i found more lazio fans around..which :eek: shocked me alot!
    but i am pretty sure that theyre are more Roma Fans around..

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    I like lazio soooo much more then roma. Im always happy when they do well in the derbys.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    so only 6.7 millions of their 50 milons plus people really follow footbal huh.... not what i expected really.. wonder what the percentage would be like for brazilians and englishman..

Oct 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    so only 6.7 millions of their 50 milons plus people really follow footbal huh.... not what i expected really.. wonder what the percentage would be like for brazilians and englishman..
    yeah, it's very high indeed, comparing the situation here in Taiwan...

Here's simple conversation between me and my friends..
    me : what's your favorite footbal club?
    friends : Real Madrid or MU.
    me : who's your favorite player?
    friends : Beckham
    me : Do u know Juventus?
    friends : Juve what? never heard of it.

:wallbang::wallbang:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
    Here's simple conversation between me and my friends..
    me : what's your favorite footbal club?
    friends : Real Madrid or MU.
    me : who's your favorite player?
    friends : Beckham
    me : Do u know Juventus?
    friends : Juve what? never heard of it.

:wallbang::wallbang:
    Here's mine:

me: what's your favourite football club?
    friends: The Brisbane Broncos
    me: :wallbang: I mean soccer
    friends: Oooh. Of course ARSENALLLLLLLLL. THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD. GLORY GLORY ARSENALLLLLL UNDEFEATED IN THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD
    me: walks away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)