Who will win what? (7 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Some people say that a good team with good performance makes its luck, sometimes I disagree with saying.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Disagree... luck plays a big part in the cl... as it does in any knock out comp...

When you look at milan, chels , barca, juve etc.. theres not alot in it and they are all capable of winning...

So you have to factor in your draw, injuries, form at right time, suspensions, decisions , your coinciding league run etc etc... Not to mention all those things for your opponents as well...

To win the cl you definately need abit of luck
well if u call all those things Luck, then i agree with you..but i still i don't understand why u said :
"Of course we can... But will we ?

Personally i think not this year"

and this
"As for the cl, as i said i dont think we will win... i would hope we will get to the quarters or better but i also would not be surprised by a shock exit..."

your opinions are based on what?

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

well if u call all those things
    Of course they are luck... how can a draw pulled out of a hat be anything but luck...
    The amount of injuries you get in a given season is luck... when they are is luck, whether all your players find form at the same and right time is luck,
    whether we end up with inter on the saturday in the league followed by barca on the tues in cl and then milan on the sunday or a nice easy run is also luck etc etc... all of those things are outside your own control

but i still i don't understand why u said :
    "Of course we can... But will we ?
    it was a question.. no more... he said we can win... now we all know we are capable of it, so i asked whether he actually thought we would

Personally i think not this year"
    Because thats my opinion... I personally dont think we will.. I dont think we have solved the problems of last season, i dont think we have depth in the right places to challenge on 2 fronts and a few other issues...

It was purely my opinion , not a statement

and this
    "As for the cl, as i said i dont think we will win... i would hope we will get to the quarters or better but i also would not be surprised by a shock exit..."
    Again... jus my opinion... i dont think we will win, i would hope we get a certain distance and in the cl a shock exit is allways a possibility

your opinions are based on what?
    The same as anyone elses i guess... watching every aspect of our team, looking at our rivals , looking at our history etc

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
    Champions league: CHESLEA/JUVE

Serie A (top3): MILAN, JUVE, INTER
    Coppa Italia: GOD KNOWS

EPL (top3): MAN UTD, CHELSEA, LIVERPOOL
    FA Cup: LIVERPOOL

La Liga (top3): I WOULDNT KNOW
    Copa del Rey: -

WC 2006 (Final): ENGLAND V GERMANY/ARGENTINA ;)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    Of course they are luck... how can a draw pulled out of a hat be anything but luck...
    The amount of injuries you get in a given season is luck... when they are is luck, whether all your players find form at the same and right time is luck,
    whether we end up with inter on the saturday in the league followed by barca on the tues in cl and then milan on the sunday or a nice easy run is also luck etc etc... all of those things are outside your own control
    that could happen to any team too,we have "equal" possibilty of luck like each team,yes we could be unlucky for example if both vieria and Emerson injured for months,we will struggle then,it could happen for Milan too for example,if shevchenko and Gilardino got injured..
    IMO we can't think for these as an excuse,it can happen to every team

it was a question.. no more... he said we can win... now we all know we are capable of it, so i asked whether he actually thought we would

Because thats my opinion... I personally dont think we will.. I dont think we have solved the problems of last season, i dont think we have depth in the right places to challenge on 2 fronts and a few other issues...

It was purely my opinion , not a statement

Again... jus my opinion... i dont think we will win, i would hope we get a certain distance and in the cl a shock exit is allways a possibility

The same as anyone elses i guess... watching every aspect of our team, looking at our rivals , looking at our history etc
    this is the part I didn't agree with you in my previous posts.and I said this

every team in cl can win it..and every year we have that potential with our squad to win it..we have better squad than last year's liverpool and other year's porto and monaco..so y not, we can
    just like liverpool and monaco and porto reached the finals with their small squads,so I think we can do that too..that was my point.. it's about the "luck" (that u named it) and add to that concentration tactics etc..

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
    Shadowfax..Stuart..baggio !

Villareal ?

:rofl:

Villareal is playing in CL since they finished the season 3rd ???

The only spanish teams who can play in the UEFA cup or maybe win it is:

(Espanyol-Sevilla)

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #48
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

that could happen to any team too,we have "equal" possibilty of luck like each team,yes we could be unlucky for example if both vieria and Emerson injured for months,we will struggle then,it could happen for Milan too for example,if shevchenko and Gilardino got injured..
    IMO we can't think for these as an excuse,it can happen to every team
    I did at no time say that this was an excuse for not winning ... I purely said you need a bit of luck to win the cl... which i believe to be true...

of course that is the same for everyone, as such i would never use it as an excuse... But the fact remains such things as draws, injuries etc can and often are the difference between winning and losing when competitions are played out between equally good teams... The slightest little thing makes a difference

If you look through the history books these slight bits of "luck" do bear out to make the difference in many many cases

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++

Villareal ?

(Espanyol-Sevilla)

Do you know that the team that ends 3rd in the group stage of the CL goes to play the UEFA? Don't be a smartarse and start laughing off peoples' predictions.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50

Villareal ?

(Espanyol-Sevilla)
    If they as i expect (though hope they dont) are eliminated from the cl at the group satge... they will play in the uefa cup

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

Villareal ?

(Espanyol-Sevilla)
    let me do that for you guys..;)

dear mr.dumbass:
    if a team in CL finished 3rd in group stages,he will be knocked out of CL and transferd to Uefa cup..and that chance is high for Villareal.you got it?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Villareal ?

(Espanyol-Sevilla)

Yeah... that made you look kinda stupid right there.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    :dielaugh: he received the same reply fro, 3 different people at the same time

*Edit: 4 replies.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I think that's the first post by that bloke that I successfully read till the end, actually understanding every sentence.

Where there actually are sentences written of course :D

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    I think that's the first post by that bloke that I successfully read till the end, actually understanding every sentence.

Where there actually are sentences written of course :D

:howler:

I think we have to take it easy on him now.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

I did at no time say that this was an excuse for not winning ... I purely said you need a bit of luck to win the cl... which i believe to be true...

of course that is the same for everyone, as such i would never use it as an excuse... But the fact remains such things as draws, injuries etc can and often are the difference between winning and losing when competitions are played out between equally good teams... The slightest little thing makes a difference

If you look through the history books these slight bits of "luck" do bear out to make the difference in many many cases
    Paul,I understand you very well..I got your point..and I agree with this post, like I said before every team need this "luck".we agree on this..
    But my question was,I want to know the reason of your opinion about Juve of not winning CL..since we agree that juve's squad is huge enough or better than Porto's and Liverpool's..but if you believe in statistics and history books or superstitions that's another case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)