Who wants a more attacking juve? (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
i think we should get didi, why?? cos the french way, at the moment, is the best way. A mixture of classy attacking built round a top class defence ... aka arsenal and milan. We have always had the best defence, which was the core of the team, where we fought for goals and relied on the defence to keep the goals out. But as our defence is now defunct, its hard for a our attack to attack anymore as we have no basis to play on.

Get the basics right then we can worry about good football again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't want a more attacking Juve. We don't need a more attacking Juve. Look what that got us with Lecce last week. :dazed:

The answer to a porous defense isn't "more offense".

Let's face facts, Milan and Roma has set the standard for Scudetto contenders this year -- and the common thread there has been defense. To simply throw up a white flag on our defense is not an option.

I truly believe that offense will get you into the championship hunt, but its defense that wins championships. If we expect to edge out tough competitors late in the CL elimination rounds, we're going to need the option to close down our opponents in a tight match.

IMO, Milan, Real Madrid, and even Arsenal are out of the CL this year not so much because of ineffective offensive performances, but because of defenses that couldn't hold when they needed it.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I agree, look how Ronaldinho danced aroud Madrid's defence last weekend, and it didnt matter if they had Zizou, Figo, Solari, Beckham. If we dont have a good defence we'll have him, Kaka, Totti etc etc etc dancing around ours next season too

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think that the best equation for success is defense + offense. To win championships and titles, you MUST be great at both. It is very clear that Juve needs a new defense core, but lets not forget that our offense has not been up to par sometimes during the season. I think that Moggi should start helping the back line; bring in 2 young center backs and a new RB. That should cover the defense. Now, the midfield must be revamped as well. Our side lacks creativity, it is very clear.

To win championships, yes you need a good defense, but you also need creativity in attack, which we do not have. Milan, Monaco, Deportivo, and Porto all have creative playmakers, and that along with a strong defense is the reason why they are so succesful. Milan with players like Kaka and Pirlo, Monaco with Giuly and Rothen, Depor with Valeron and Sergio, and Porto with Deco and Maniche. As you see, each side has at LEAST two creative midfielders. Juve? Our main source of creative skills in the midfield come from a player who is not even a natural playmaker, Nedved. Neddy is great and all, but he doesn't even have half of Kaka's creativity. And on top of that, Appiah and Tacchinardi have no sense of passing skills at all. It was ever so apparent in the Depor matches that our attack sucks too. I think if we want to win something next year, Moggi will have to find a true playmaker. If that means selling Nedved, so be it. Success now a days calls for yes, a good defense, but also attacking flair. So a change in midfield must occur, or I will be saying "told you so" at this time next year.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
An all out attacking Juve would be great to see.....
Something like what we did at the start of the season, scoring goals every game!
But not conceding any........ ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
there's nothing wrong with a more attacking juve.but the defense has been the basis of our team for so many years,it would be a pity to drop it now because of a little failure.

the problem is not with the system,but the players.changing the system may give us a new approach but without new players we're headed nowhere.i say we get our acquisitions in, then talk about game plans.

Aug 1, 2003
Defence is the best offence they say.

I don't entirely agree with a defensive play, but just a well balanced team would be excellent

And I don't think we would really opt for foreign coaches either (not referring to anyone in particular) Juve AFAIK always keeps this "Italian" thing in them.. The Italians remain priority I think

Jul 28, 2002
u cant build a great skyscraper on crap foundations.....our foundations have eroded over time in front of our own eyes....now needs an injection of steel, in the forms of mexes, evra and co.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
There's no need for us to play more attacking football. Remember last season? Scudetto winners, CL finalists? We were hardly the most attacking of teams, and the fans asked for more flair and offense. Lippi gives in and changes the tactic to a more goal-scoring oriented 4-2-3-1. What happens? We come 3rd in the league, don't even make the CL quarters, and are likely to lose to Lazio in the Coppa final. Attacking football isn't always the answer.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
But you know fully well that Trez and Di Vaio are bound to miss chances. That's actually why defence can be much more important than attack at times. Trezzy and DYO can mess up 20 times each and it'll still be 0-0 if the defence holds up, but if that back line messes up just once, the other team has the lead.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
attack is fine. if trez and di vaio buried all the chances they had we would be scudetto contenders right now and had 10+ goals than anyone else.

nahhh.... our attack is good enuff to win the scudetto already... we even score more than the scudetto winning Milan... cut the goal agaisnt rate to half, and the scudetto is ours already..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Egyptian_Juventino ] ++
no1 finishes off all his chances, even henry in arsenal doesnt do tht.
Yeah I know, but Henry can afford to miss a few chances because he has a solid midfield and back four behind him. He can miss five chances, score two, and Arsenal win 3-0, but in our case, Trez and DYO miss two apiece and we lose 1-0.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
exactly Stu....and at arsenal and milan for that matter, you see their midfielders scoring goals all the time. at juve, especially this season, we havent seen our midfielders scoring much at all.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
exactly Stu....and at arsenal and milan for that matter, you see their midfielders scoring goals all the time. at juve, especially this season, we havent seen our midfielders scoring much at all.
yess... even our so called back up striker dont score as much...we shouldnt have depends too much on Trezeguet to score goals.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)