who thinks we shud use 5-3-2? (1 Viewer)

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Lippi tried to play with 3 defs this spring, but it didnt work out.
in fact our def were even worse when three of them were confused in the back line. He also tried a kind of sweeper, but front of the defs (Tudor, and Legro were tried in that position) cause behind them it would have killed the somehow workin offside trap. Appiah, Nedved, Camo in midfield, pretty impressive, but they need to bring some ball in a backpack cause none of them are capable winning it on the midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
Our defense is crappy anyways, I see no point in 5-3-2.

I know this is off-topic, but In UEFA Fantasy Football I've always played a 4-4-2. Two matchdays ago I've switched to 3-5-2 and let me tell you, I have drastically increased my rankings :)
Haha!! I play 2-5-3 :cool:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
Appiah, Nedved, Camo in midfield, pretty impressive, but they need to bring some ball in a backpack cause none of them are capable winning it on the midfield.
:LOL: Brilliant...

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
I think that a 5-3-2, if executed the right way would work wonders with this squad. By giving the central defenders another layer of protection, with a sweeper behind them, it will take pressure off of them and Buffon. All of our attacking play already comes from Zambrotta, so he'll still be good going down the left, and I think that Birindelli should be played on the right, because he can cross and he's fast-ish. With a decently attacking midfield, like: Appiah, Camo, Nedved, we'd have some power going forward.
a sweeper 5-3-2

--------------------Gigi-----------------------

-------------------Monty------------------------

-Biri-----Lego------Lilian------Zambo---

---------Enzo----Tac----Neddy--------------

---------------------------------Dp---------------
-----------Trez------------------------------------

Sumink like that ian??

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

a sweeper 5-3-2

--------------------Gigi-----------------------

-------------------Monty------------------------

-Biri-----Lego------Lilian------Zambo---

---------Enzo----Tac----Neddy--------------

---------------------------------Dp---------------
-----------Trez------------------------------------

Sumink like that ian??
Yeah, but I'd put Tudor in for Monty, then switch Thuram and Legro, then substitute Montero for Legro, like this:

---------------------Tudor------------------------
-Biri------Thuram---------Montero----Zamby-

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Haha!! I play 2-5-3 :cool:
Too me that would be too risky. A defender would get you points for not conceeding any goals (5) + assists (3) + a goal (5), while a forward only gets you 4 points for a goal.

And I have a very bad luck with fowards :)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
i woulda had that, but since when is tudor fit for more than a game??:cool:
Yeah...:rolleyes: What are you gonna do? I guess you could sub Tacchinardi or Ferrara for him.

Jul 28, 2002
thats a point, tac was originally a cb, maybe he would be adecent sweeper....hmmmmm

------------------------Gigi---------------------------------

------------------------Tac---------------------------------

Biri----------Lili-------------Monty----------Zambo-----

----------------Enzo--Appiah---Neddy------------

---------------------------------Dp-------------------

-----------------Trez-----------------------------------

Interesting.:angel:

Jul 12, 2002
Tacch's certainly got the right qualities to be a good sweeper, and maybe now, with so many other, better players available in the centre of midfield, it would be a good time for him to switch.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The problem with Tacchi playing sweeper is the reckless wild tackles that we've become accustomed to :lazy:

Jul 28, 2002
I agree maybe he should have a go as sweeper...we can do with his aerial ability and his knack of destruction.:D Maybe enzo could play more.

Tac does have that class....hmm im hoping he does play sweeper now, looking forward to it actually.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
The problem with Tacchi playing sweeper is the reckless wild tackles that we've become accustomed to :lazy:
Yeah, but you get the same thing with Montero, Thuram, or Iuliano; and at least Tacchinardi has a bit of pace left in him.

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
Tachi is a good defensive Midfielder, only if he stoped talking wild shots he would be great. He has been one of our best players this year, along with Maresca (and he's still benched).

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by xNeo ] ++
Tachi is a good defensive Midfielder, only if he stoped talking wild shots he would be great. He has been one of our best players this year, along with Maresca (and he's still benched).
Okay, Tacchinardi has not played well this year. He still wins balls in midfield, but he's less effective at that because he doesn't have ball-winning partner int he centre of midfield anymore. And his passing has become really bad. It used ot be that he knew of his poor passing and just played it square to one of our more creative players, but with only Nedved left as his outlet, he has started to try to pass all by himself, and the results have been disastrous.

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
I've liked the way he's played, mostly because of his heart. But that’s why he is in the back, he is O.K at tackling, and he's a tall guy to win some of the long balls. Passing way not be his forte, but like you said he needs support. I have no idea where I'm going with this; I'll just shut up now.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by xNeo ] ++
I've liked the way he's played, mostly because of his heart. But that’s why he is in the back, he is O.K at tackling, and he's a tall guy to win some of the long balls. Passing way not be his forte, but like you said he needs support. I have no idea where I'm going with this; I'll just shut up now.
Maybe Kapo can give that support that he needs and hopefully somewhere to pass the ball when Nedved is not open.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
4-4-2 works allright if we don't have any injuries... And Moggi will buy few defenders anyway, for next year our defence will improve quite a lot... Or at least I hope so...

OP
Mikey-DelPiero

Mikey-DelPiero

Apr 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #39
    well, tacchi sounds like the best sweeper option we got so may as well the like 2 in the middle and zambrotta and biri on wings.heres wat id do

----------------------------------Buffon------------------------------------
    ---------------------------- ----Tacchinardi--------------------------------
    -----------------------Lili------------------------Monty------------------
    Birindelli------------------------------------------------------Zambrotta
    -----------Enzo------------------Appiah-----------Neddy---------------
    -----------------------------------------------------Dp-----------------
    --------------------Tz/Miccoli--------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)