Who should be sold/released/executed? (2 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
With the league and all competitive action now well and truly finished, its time to turn our heads and hearts towards the mercato. After the second consecutive season of abject failure, it makes sense for me to assume that many of you share my desire to see the squad changed. Perhaps not fundamentally, but certainly there are players who have proven beyond all doubt that they are not fit to wear our jersey. Marotta has his own agenda, which is hopefully, in the least, headed towards a shared aim of Success and Improvement. The manner in which Conte and Marrotta spoke of the mercato in the official unveiling presentation gave me reason to feel positive. For it appears that Conte WILL have, (as will Paratici), a serious say in who leaves and who arrives.

As for my own views on the players we need to send packing...

Without any doubt whatsoever:
Motta
Iaquinta
Amauri
Grosso
Rinaudo
Traore

Players I feel have some value, but still, their time at Juve is DONE:
Salihamidžić
Manninger
Momo Sissoko
Luca Toni
Tiago

Players who I wouldn't mind leaving the ranks, but neither would I mind them remaining:
Pepe
Martinez
De Ceglie

The only name above which causes me hesitation is that of Martinez. For I am unsure what to think of him. We spent rather highly, perhaps too much, on a player who looked often very useful in Sicily, but who for us, has proven so far, nothing more than a total waste of $$$$$$. His purchase was strange in itself, given his best form prior to his transfer to Vinovo, was as an always advanced, left wing forward, deployed to cut into the box, with pace and flair, and aim for goal. However, the position he was asked to play for us was that of a traditional touchline hugging left winger, able to defend as well as flood forward, with his main objective in the final third delivering crosses into the box for others to pounce upon. The reason for his signing is a separate issue entirely. What I am interested in now, is whether Conte can play him to his own natural strengths. If the many reports of Conte's tendency towards wide attackers in a 4-2-4 are to be believed, then clearly, Martinez would be suitable. The main problem with selling him now, is that after such a poor season, played out of position, suffering consistently from niggling injuries, his value has surely plummeted. Do we cut our losses? or give him a chance pre-seaon to impress in a more natural role?

Some may be surprised to read of De Ceglie included in my FOR FUCKS SAKE JUST LEAVE list...but...I hasten to ask those who show surprise...other than 2 months in which he looked competent, not brilliant, just competent, what else has he proven? He has a sturdy engine, likes to get involved physically, wicked pace, and is capable of crossing intelligently and consistently. But defensively??? I would be happy for him to stay, play the understudy to Ziegle, who whilst hardly world class, has shown reliability in his position, is well traveled through various leagues, and still young. Compared to De Ceglie, Ziegle is the more developed, the more assured, the more reliable.

Amauri may well have shown usefulness at Parma, with zero pressure, and the whole offence geared towards putting the ball on his head or feet. Well done, Amauri...I wish you well. ELSEWHERE.

Which leaves...Giovinco. la formica atomica. A player much maligned by juventini, mainly for his alleged bitterness at the lack of opportunites given to him at Juventus. Surely there is nobody who can seriously suggest that he hasn't excelled once given regular playing time at Parma? He has broken into the nazionale...He has pace, invention, sometimes, even often, mesmerizing ability on the ball. And yet he seems set to stay with Parma...or at least 99.999999% sure to stay there. I would like him to come home, and cannot imagine that if Conte called him, told him he needed him, that Giovinco would choose Parma over us.

Finally I turn to Tiago. Regularly playing for a decent la liga outfit, also still part of the national team squad of one of the top teams in the world. Failed when with us, but not as miserably as many others over these last few dark years. I consider Atletico to be playing a similar game with us, as we are playing now with Liverpool vis-a-vis Aquilani. They know he wants to stay there. They know we have no other buyers lined up. They know we don't want him...but does Conte want him???

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Great thread, I wonder why no one has thought about starting it. I would have called it "Renovation Time" though, the title is more catchy.

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #3
    is there yet a thread, which is solely focused on WHO SHOULD LEAVE???if so, i have no problem with you deleting this. if not...then there should be, as surely there are many juventini who wish to speak of such matters.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Agree with the majority of the list.

I would add Martinez to get rid of without a doubt.

I would keep De Ceglie, I think he showed signs of improvement and had a good run of games before his injury. Keep him for one final season and see how he progresses. There is no real value in getting rid of him just now unless we can include him in a deal for eg Sanhez or Pastore.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=275423
    Amauri, Melo, Iaquinta e Momo Sissoko: sono questi, come evidenzia stamani La Gazzetta dello Sport, i principali candidati a lasciare la Juventus: effettuate tali cessioni, il mercato bianconero potrebbe subire un'importante accelerazione anche in entrata; e non solo perché esse potrebbero portare nelle casse del club di Corso Ferraris circa 23 milioni di euro, quanto perché la rosa bianconera pare al momento numericamente troppo folta. Si tratta ovviamente di operazioni non semplici, e non è da escludere che alcuni dei giocatori menzionati possano essere usati come pedine di scambio nelle trattative per arrivare a quelli che sono ormai obiettivi dichiarati della Juve.

According to the article these players will be sold/exchanged for sure.to help finance other transfers & make room for other players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)