Who likes the new president? (2 Viewers)

Frag

May 14, 2005
so you now his personally then?
As I live in italy I often hear him talkin about the team, he talks a lot about our players, but he just makes a lot of silly comments, never heard anything interesting from his mouth, but you can also consider him as your "guru", that's just my opinion.

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Frag ] ++

As I live in italy I often hear him talkin about the team, he talks a lot about our players, but he just makes a lot of silly comments, never heard anything interesting from his mouth, but you can also consider him as your "guru", that's just my opinion.
fair enough, good point :cool:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah, he's the one, and all I can say is I don't like him at all, he's not competent in football matter, but he pretends to be like that.
The good thing is that his role is quite useless, the power is up to the "triade" Moggi, Giraudo and Bettega.

Yea but for how long?

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stripper ] ++
i remember after the first juve - bologna game where nedved scored the last minute freekick, he said after the game that he hates it when we win in this manner.
That was Lapo Elkann

Yeah, he's the one, and all I can say is I don't like him at all, he's not competent in football matter, but he pretends to be like that.
Come on! All he said in the last 2 years was:

"I knew most of the players personally even before I became the president. For example Ferrara is used to pay a visit to my family during the summer holydays."
"I remember when I went to see Juve play in Villar Perosa with the Avvocato. We always returned home to work after the first half"
"For me this (being the president) is new. I feel like a student on the first day of school"
"To buy we need to sell"
"The scudetto is not yet won. Yeah, Del Piero was good today. Ibrahimovic too. They all have been good."

Of course his position has no relevance. It has to have none. Who has to choose is the Triade, he's just there to represent the Agnelli family (and a bit of continuity), having been a close friend of Gianni.

Some information about him (taken from an interview on the Hurra' Juventus of September 2003)

He was born in Napoli (14/09/1928). Franzo was the name of his grandpa and Stevens was the surname of his mother, who was of English origins. He wanted to become a navy official, but he chose law at the university. He started to work as a lawyer (he wanted to become a diplomat) after the death of his dad. In 1953 he met his wife and left his work in a prestigious law firm in Napoli to follow her in Turin. With the time he became one of the most important lawyer in Italy and he started to work for Agnelli in the '60. Then he became Gianni Agnelli's personal lawyer.
At the moment he is not only Juve's president and the owner of a prestigious law firm, but also a member of the board of directors of Ifi, Ifil, La Rinascente (and many other companies) and the President of the National Museum of history of the Italian Renaissance.
He was taught the love for Juve by his son Riccardo, who is also a personal friend of Gianluca Vialli.

Frag

May 14, 2005
It seems you didn't pay attention ishaa, he also talked about Nedved a few days after he came back from last injure, and all his quotes you wrote don't seem to be that interesting, he talks a lot but don't say nuthin..
example:
"Yeah, Del Piero was good today. Ibrahimovic too. They all have been good."

Do you find anithing interesting in his common words? I don't, he's just a puppet I.M.O.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
It seems you didn't pay attention ishaa, he also talked about Nedved a few days after he came back from last injure,
I didn't catch it. What did he say?

and all his quotes you wrote don't seem to be that interesting, he talks a lot but don't say nuthin..
example:
"Yeah, Del Piero was good today. Ibrahimovic too. They all have been good."

Do you find anithing interesting in his common words? I don't, he's just a puppet I.M.O.

It's you that didn't pay attention. I didn't say that his quotes were particulary interesting, I was just saying that he never acted like a great footbal expert ;)

He CAN'T be anything more than what you call a "puppet":

1- If the Triade has control he can't have any decisional power. The triade wouldn't accept it from someone that doesn't finance them.
2- He can't have the same role as Gianni, because he's not part of the family and is not the owner of the team. Btw, also the Avvocato didn't have really a say in things like the market (eg: the selling of Vieri in 1997)

The role of president at Juventus ceased to be that important in ’94 when Boniperti was replaced with Chiusano. When Chiusano died, they had to choose someone for that role. And they decided that the best choice was Grande Stevens, a classy old man that was close to the family. He's just there to represent continuity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)