Who is the most over-rated player in the world? (1 Viewer)

mikko

Dec 9, 2004
And really irritating complainer Robben!!! I hate him!!! But i have to admit that at Chelsea he has been quite good.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I don't see why everyone puts down Owen-he isn't that highly rated at all! certainly nowhere near the level of Beckham or Rooney! and he is infinitely more important to the English NT than either Becks or Rooney (atm)

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    I don't see why everyone puts down Owen-he isn't that highly rated at all! certainly nowhere near the level of Beckham or Rooney! and he is infinitely more important to the English NT than either Becks or Rooney (atm)
    Owen is a terrible striker, he will score 4 goals in 6 matches, then won't score for like 3 months.

I add Stevey Gerrard to my list too.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    Burke, how can Heskey be overrated....he's not even rated :howler:

- entire Real Madrid team
    - Man United
    Agreed, I hate Real. Being a Bayern fan, I have to hate Man U.

Gerrard is not world-class, he is world-worthless.

And Ballack plays more defensively than Gerrard.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

Agreed, I hate Real. Being a Bayern fan, I have to hate Man U.

Gerrard is not world-class, he is world-worthless.

And Ballack plays more defensively than Gerrard.
    I watch ballack nearly every weekend in the bundesliga. He isnt really that good, he is more a case of one great season at leverkusen and then a big name transfer to bayern, and then never performing. Gerrard is something. For sure.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

I watch ballack nearly every weekend in the bundesliga. He isnt really that good, he is more a case of one great season at leverkusen and then a big name transfer to bayern, and then never performing. Gerrard is something. For sure.
    Take it easy there UK, the only player on the team with more assists is Ze Roberto. Ballack holds his own. And he had a good first season with Bayern, his goal-scoring prowess has not returned since then.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

Take it easy there UK, the only player on the team with more assists is Ze Roberto. Ballack holds his own. And he had a good first season with Bayern, his goal-scoring prowess has not returned since then.

I really rate him no more then a good player. Ballack has mad power and good passing, but he cant mark or tackle for shit.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    He also has a money shot, and you are right when you say he cannot mark. But, he can tackle, especially from behind, as we know from missing the CL and WC Finals because of too many red cards.

Dude, who is that in your avatar, it looks like Beckham.

(Copa di testa di solo, Blackmint)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    * Figo? Nope -- sorry. I mean, who even talks about Figo being one of the elite anymore? Time to read some newspapers from 2004. (Though he has actually been one of the few bright spots for Real this CL.)

* Beckham? Yeah. He's definitely on the list. Last season at Real, running in circles over and over again like someone with obsessive-compulsive disorder while the rest of the squad went down like the Titanic? Yeah -- that was classic. His vertical penalty shot against Ricardo in Euro 2004? Pretty classic too. This season looks like more of the same: all media coverage and no real play. Definitely a difficult act to beat in this category.

* Owen? Owen stopped being a serious offensive threat after Euro 2000. As young as he is, he plays like he peaked four years ago. Can't include him in the list, since we often have to be reminded that he's still around somewhere. These days it's like saying Oliver Kahn is overrated to a fan of the German NT.

* Rooney? Awesome Euro 2004 and a killer CL opener. But he still needs some time. Not ready to write him off yet, even if the hype factor is ridiculous now.

* Roberto Carlos? No one added him to the list here, but I think he's a new add to the charts. He's starting to get a little stale out there lately. As is Ronaldo.

* Kaka? Classic sophomore season slump. People know how to better play against him now. He's no Van Basten and will never be. His hype train left last season, and it ain't coming back -- so I don't see him being overrated as much anymore.

* Ronaldinho? Yes, dare I suggest this name on the list right on the heels of a FIFA Player of the Year award? You bet. There's no higher rating than that -- what a perfect time to have a more human-like season and to disappoint everybody? His Brazil NT performances have left something to be desired and Eto'o has been the top scoring dog at Barca of late. A so-so CL for him thus far (despite the awesome goal against Milan)... we'll see. He has so far to fall if he does, so the potential is there.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #38
    That is true, DP should be on the list.

Ok, how about most over-rated player in all the good leagues, which would exclude the EPL, since we all know anyone who plays there is worthless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)