Who is Pazze for Pato? --was: Juve linked with Pato and more U-20's (7 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Take it from the expert on football from all over the globe. Is there any league you are not so well informed about and about its players?
well its the end of the european season so im basically stuck with watching the MLS

andy will bite you for that :wink:
perhaps but i dont see whats so special about him, just as alex fergusson said when he took him on trial

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Inter appeal to Pato

Inter boss Roberto Mancini wants to win everything this season and believes Alexandre Pato is the man who can help them get there.

“This squad is certainly stronger than last year. We have come off an extraordinary campaign and begin with the same objectives – Scudetto and Champions League,” said the Coach.

Many believe it will be tougher this year without the Calciopoli penalties holding some clubs back and of course the return of Juventus.

“We have already won the Serie A title and hope to do so again this year, but not because Juventus are back in the fray. It would be important to repeat ourselves, there is no other reason.”

Inter’s transfer activity is not yet complete and Mancini sent out an open invitation to Brazilian Under-20 sensation Pato – also in negotiations with Milan and Chelsea.

“I don’t know much about the talks with Milan, but we have been tracking Pato for two years. He was very young the first time we saw him and not many people knew him. He’s a smart boy and knows leaving home could cause problems.

“We will see what he decides, but he is aware that at Inter he could find a family-oriented environment where he could become a real star.”

The Nerazzurri’s other major target is Cristian Chivu, although today President Massimo Moratti announced they were pulling out of the race for the Roma defender.

“Chivu is a player we tracked and wanted. The negotiations were a little tricky, we’ll see how they end up,” explained Mancini.

“I understand that at a certain stage the President got tired of it, but this doesn’t change the fact Chivu is an excellent player.”

Roma accused Inter of unfair tactics in trying to tempt Chivu away with a £3.7m per season contract, but the tactician denies anything untoward.

“I did not call Chivu personally, I only rang Pavel Nedved. That’s the truth!” he smiled at this revelation about the Juventus midfielder.

“I called him because we were teammates for three years at Lazio and are friends. Perhaps a few people forgot that. I called to get information on a Czech player, Radoslav Kovac, that we were interested in. I also asked if the rumours were true that he was thinking of retiring. That’s all we discussed.”

The phone call prompted front page headlines claiming that Inter had asked Nedved to come to San Siro if he failed to agree new contract terms with Juventus.

This obviously increased the already existing tension between the two clubs in the wake of Calciopoli.

“There will certainly be rivalry on the field and that will be cranked up in the days before our games. I don’t think it was normal, what happened a year ago. Now we’re all back to square one and must have the same sporting rivalry we always did between two big clubs.”

channel 4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Italians Inter the race for Pato

Italian champions Inter Milan have joined the race to sign Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato, who has been targeted by Chelsea.

AC Milan have also expressed an interest in the 17-year-old Internacional forward.
"I don't know about Milan's negotiations," said Inter coach Roberto Mancini. "But in any case we have been following Pato for the past two years. He was very young the first time we saw him and I don't think many knew him then.

"He is an intelligent kid, he is aware that to leave home right now it would be very challenging. We will see what he does. He knows that at Inter he could find a family atmosphere that would help him, an atmosphere where he could become a star.

"There's no doubt that he has the quality to become a very good player."

Milan are eager to acquire a new striker but the £10million-rated Brazilian starlet is considered too expensive for the Rossoneri.

Pato won the Copa Libertadores and the FIFA World Club Championship last year and has been widely touted in the Brazilian media as the next Kaka.

He was recently in action for Brazil at the Under-20 World Cup in Canada and is under contract at Internacional until 2009.

foxsports.com

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #268
    There was a Nigerian that impressed me at the U-20 WC, he reminded me of Essien.
    He plays for Anderlecht and his name is Olufemi.

Other notables:

ARG: Fazio, Escudero(didn't play but I heard he's good), Banega, Zarate, Aguëro(already with ATL-MAD, $$$)
    BRA: Amaral, Pato(could have done much better, I was expecting more but he was 2-3 years younger than others), Jo, Renato Augusto, Luizao.
    CHI: Sanchez, Grondona.
    CZE: Kalouda, Strestik, Suchy.
    MEX: Too famous and $$$ for Juve..Vela, Dos Santos...
    POL: Janczyk
    POR: Antunes, Coentrao(bought by Benfica...fast, great dribbler), Gama.
    ESP: Barragan, Valiente, Piqué(ManU), Capel, Mata(was ok, expected more).
    URU: Cavani...too late also...plays with Palermo...Caceres.
    USA: Adu.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    There was a Nigerian that impressed me at the U-20 WC, he reminded me of Essien.

Other notables:

ARG: Fazio, Escudero(didn't play but I heard he's good), Banega, Zarate, Aguëro(already with ATL-MAD, $$$)
    BRA: Amaral, Pato(could have done much better, I was expecting more but he was 2-3 years younger than others), Jo, Renato Augusto, Luizao.
    No-one from Scotland? :D

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006

Other notables:

man carlos vela is gona take the prem by storm, he was playing for salamanca last season and i know its a 2nd div team but he was voted player of the season and was most notable characteristic was his immense pace and good eye for goal. dos santos has been promising for barca's youth team for quite some years now, its all about toni who will be just as big as dos santos

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Carlo Ancelotti insists that if Milan do capture Brazilian prodigy Alexandre Pato, it won’t be until January.

“He is a player with great potential, so it’s not an urgent matter. If he does arrive, then it will probably only be in January,” said the Coach.

It is reported that transfer consultant Leonardo will fly over to Brazil for talks with the Under-20 starlet next week, aiming to beat the competition from Inter and Chelsea.

Another potential summer signing is Julio Baptista, with a £12m offer for the former Arsenal striker proposed to Real Madrid.

“He is a good player who can do well in attack or midfield. His origins are as a midfielder,” added Ancelotti.

The Rossoneri have been criticised by the media and fans for not making any waves on the transfer market.

“The team is fine as it is. Either a player arrives who can make the difference, or we will stick with those who gave us so much reliability and took us to the Champions League trophy. If there’s a good opportunity, then we’ll take it.”

Ronaldo and Massimo Oddo were January signings and will be there from the start for Milan’s first friendly of the new season against Lecco.

“It has been a positive week of training and the match will close that cycle. We don’t expect anything in particular, as the team knows the system and is only really looking for match fitness now.

“We are seeking some more consistency this term. Last year we had a stuttering start to the campaign due to a number of factors, but this time we have the opportunity to start on the right foot.”

Of course no Milan Press Conference would be complete without mention of Real Madrid’s latest £60m bid for Kaka – and the inevitable denial from the Rossoneri – but this time Ancelotti took the sarcastic route.

“Kaka cannot eat or sleep for thinking of all this. He’s a wreck!”

channel 4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Pato only has eyes for Milan

Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid have targeted Alexandre Pato, but the young Brazilian says he only has eyes for “fantastic” Milan.

The Under-20 sensation is lighting up the transfer market and has already been labelled the new Kaka at the age of 17.

“Milan are flying over to Brazil to sign me? That is fantastic,” he told Spanish newspaper 'As’ and several Brazilian media.

“I won’t be meeting with their emissaries unless Internacional and my agent Gilmar Veloz give me the go ahead. All I can do is wait and hope.”

It’s reported that on Monday consultant Leonardo will fly to Porto Alegre for negotiations with his club Internacional.

This weekend Coach Carlo Ancelotti stated that Pato would most likely arrive in January, as by that stage he would have turned 18.

The offer Milan have prepared is said to be in the region of £14m to beat competition from rivals Inter, Chelsea and Real Madrid.

It would be a similar scenario to the capture of Kaka in 2003, when Leonardo also acted as their representative to broker the deal.

In fact, Kaka’s presence is an important factor for Pato, as his family is very religious and wants to ensure there is a positive role model when he flies to Europe alone.

Pato will be given a five-year contract starting out at £800,000 per season, rising to £1.3m by 2011-12.

channel 4

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Or retitled.

Honestly, I find it funny how much folks are tripping over themselves to fawn over Pato.

Now I've only seen him play in less than a dozen matches, but I haven't seen anything worth getting excited about here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ah i dont know about adu, hasnt looked good in the MLS, i dont think he cud cut it in europe
    He hasn't been playing entirely too well for Real Salt Lake (what a gay name that is), but anybody can see he has the talent to play. People forget that Adu is only 18 and not fully grown yet, so he still has time to improve. And after watching the U-20's where he was one of the best players of the tournament, there's no doubt he can play against some of the best young talents across the world, from Poland to Brazil.

Word is, Adu will be heading to Parma by means of Inter, and if he's successful he'll be given a shirt by the cocksucker Moratti. I don't want my man Freddy playing for those cunts. :sick:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    He hasn't been playing entirely too well for Real Salt Lake (what a gay name that is), but anybody can see he has the talent to play. People forget that Adu is only 18 and not fully grown yet, so he still has time to improve. And after watching the U-20's where he was one of the best players of the tournament, there's no doubt he can play against some of the best young talents across the world, from Poland to Brazil.

Word is, Adu will be heading to Parma by means of Inter, and if he's successful he'll be given a shirt by the cocksucker Moratti. I don't want my man Freddy playing for those cunts. :sick:
    adu is off to benfica not inter. benfica and salt lake have agreed a fee.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    adu is off to benfica not inter. benfica and salt lake have agreed a fee.
    Yeah you're right, I'm behind in the news since coming back from the beach.

I think that's a good move for him at this point. With Benfica losing Simao and Miccoli, Freddy will get some playing time and hopefully he impresses enough to become a regular for Santos' side. Hopefully Rui Costa will be a good influence on him.

Thank God he didn't choose the EPL though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)