Who do you hate? (1 Viewer)

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #62
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Yup, the Danish! The Dutch were less successful as the Germans sent more troops to our country (they were afraid of an English invasion and when the English didn't come, they used these troops to search our cities for Jews).
    When the germans invaded Denmark, we couldn't fight back. There's only about 5.5 million people in Denmark, and back then it was more like 4.5. So we didn't have the largest army. The germans used our western seabord to monitor the english... but don't get me wrong, we didn't let them do whatever they wanted. Our "underground" army (wich my grandfather was a part of) sabotaged the germans, and helped jews to safer parts of the world.
    And thanks to England, Holland, USA, France and so on... we don't speak german today.
    Well... thats the history lesson for today... ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    you think your army was small - ours was riding bicycles instead of jeeps! :D We were neutral and didn't spend too much on defence those days...

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #64
    you think your army was small - ours was riding bicycles instead of jeeps! :D We were neutral and didn't spend too much on defence those days...
    Really :LOL:
    If we even had an army back then... it would have been very small, cuz now it isn't to big either...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Same here! I also think we should have stayed neutral instead of all this NATO and EU crap nowadays but that's just me...we're just too small to make any kind of difference or even useful contribution!

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #66

You architecture is so great as well! Kobenhavn is sooo beautiful!
    Wow! Thanks! I'm really flattered! Didn't know that you like my country that much.
    Unfortunately I've never been to Holland, but I always wanted to go...

I would go to Amsterdam, see the city, and if i'm lucky catch Ajax in action.

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
    Amsterdam is beautiful - if you'll let me know when (if) you're coming, I can show you around! (red light district, coffeeshops... :D)

not the girls? :eek::down:

hehe

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #69
    Same here! I also think we should have stayed neutral instead of all this NATO and EU crap nowadays but that's just me...we're just too small to make any kind of difference or even useful contribution!
    I agree!
    Remember when the americans attacked Afghanistan??? My country wanted to contribute... It was all over the news in Denmark. Denmark joins the americans to hunt down al-queda and the taliban. Yeah... lets go! and so on... Then I found out that Denmark supplied the americans with one single jet.... thats pathetic!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    :D how about this; we're IN Afghanistan to keep peace together with the Brits and Germans...even after Srebrenica...do those idiots in government never learn?

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #71
    Amsterdam is beautiful - if you'll let me know when (if) you're coming, I can show you around! (red light district, coffeeshops... :D)
    Sounds great! My personal tour guide ;)

Like the coffeeshops eh... ;) Then you should come to København (Copenhagen) and visit Christania... great place!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I can never type that ø for some reason... ah well!

I would really like to do a Scandinavia tour someday but lack of money is going to keep me in NL for some time to come so... :D

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I would really like to do a Scandinavia tour someday but lack of money is going to keep me in NL for some time to come so... :D
    get a job, you lazy bum! :howler::p

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #77

yeah ... very awful ... I have too big a family!!
    me to. I have to buy presents for my parents, my to brothers, my to stepsisters and my stepbrother. This holyday is killing me!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    me to. I have to buy presents for my parents, my to brothers, my to stepsisters and my stepbrother. This holyday is killing me!
    Sounds like December is costing you more than me! Finally someone with more relatives! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)