Who after Pavel Nedved? (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well if Maresca would take the place of Blasi, Emerson would have to become the holding midfielder, a job that he excels at anyway.
Maresca can't replace Blasi. Blasi is a better ball-winner than Maresca.

Blasi is our Gattusso. Tacchi is his sub.
If we had Maresca, then he'd sub Emerson in the 4-4-2, or he could sub Nedved as the freerole player in the 4-3-1-2.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Maresca can't replace Blasi. Blasi is a better ball-winner than Maresca.
I know he cannot replace Blasi for the latter's job. What I am saying is that if we want to have more ball control in midfield and field a Pirlo-type player Blasi would give way to Maresca, not Emerson. If we want more of a creative player in the side we would field Maresca and take out Blasi cuz he is the weakest link.

Obviously Maresca would not replace Blasi if we need a ball winner on the pitch.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Many names:
-Hleb
-Rosicky
-Pizarro
-Maresca
-Vicente
-Riquelme
-Jankulovski

etc etc.

Who are the most likely? any whispers of Moggis favourite or something?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

I know he cannot replace Blasi for the latter's job. What I am saying is that if we want to have more ball control in midfield and field a Pirlo-type player Blasi would give way to Maresca, not Emerson. If we want more of a creative player in the side we would field Maresca and take out Blasi cuz he is the weakest link.

Obviously Maresca would not replace Blasi if we need a ball winner on the pitch.
I see what you're saying now.. Yes, I agree that we'd be more creative and Maresca would be the Pirlo type. However, if we want to compare to Pirlo, we'd have to also compare Pirlo's surroundings. Pirlo has Gattusso. In you're opinion, who'd be a better choice, Blasi or Emerson, and Why?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I see what you're saying now.. Yes, I agree that we'd be more creative and Maresca would be the Pirlo type. However, if we want to compare to Pirlo, we'd have to also compare Pirlo's surroundings. Pirlo has Gattusso. In you're opinion, who'd be a better choice, Blasi or Emerson, and Why?
Emerson, simply because he is a better tackler than Blasi and can basically do it all in midfield. Emerson would hold back for the forward-running Maresca.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Emerson, simply because he is a better tackler than Blasi and can basically do it all in midfield. Emerson would hold back for the forward-running Maresca.
I see. That would work actually. I never considered Emerson as the midfielder who would do all the "dirty work," but he's definately capable of it.

Point taken. :)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
After Nedved, we need someone who can play everywhere in the midfield. Maresca? He can play in the centre, but he isn't a winger. Rosicky? It could be him. Vicente? Except that he's too expensive, he can't play in the centre, like Neddy. Hleb? The guy's young, plays with both feet, and can play everywhere in the midfield. He should be Neddy's succesor.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Hleb is too young to become Nedveds successor. we dont have time and cant take the risk. We need someone almost 100% who is a good replacer.

erado

Nov 2, 2004
Kaka is a good example who has immediate success in SerieA during his 1st year, so if Helb is really good, why not signing him?

I myself never seen him playing, but it seem u guys are making him looking real good.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
I would choose Hleb over Rosicky, Rosicky has not played that many games and he is injured very often! also i am not so convinced from him as i was some years ago!
Although you have a point there, I wouldn't recommend Hleb. All he does is dribble and run. What the team needs is a good passer, except from Del Piero none of our players can give a decent through ball. You'll NEVER find a second Nedved, so getting a player with similar characteristics makes no sense.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #59
    That's what we lack is a dribbler and runner. You create chances like that when they tackle you and get a free kick. He's great at doing that. All we do is stay still and pass the damn ball. We need some creativity and Hleb is the man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)