Where were you when...? (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Sept 11

I worked the night before, and was in bed sleeping. My mom called me crying after the first plane hit- she knew something was up

I watched the second plane hit live on tv, and realized that my job, nor my life, would ever be the same again....................

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Some recent big events which when they happen people just stop to hear/see them and so obviously you all remember where you were when these things happened:

1. September 11
2. When Saddam was caught.
3. When France drew level against Italy in Euro 2000 with just a few seconds to go.
4. When Shevcenko scored the final penalty in the CL final.
5. Juve winning the last CL
6. Juve winning the Intercontinental Cup
1. I was driving my car to visit a friend.
2. At work in Germany.
3. Watching the game at a friend's place, we were like 12 people all cheering for Italy and 2 were cheering for France.
4. Watching the game in a pub in Brussels.
5. At home watching the game on TV.
6. Can't remember.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Some recent big events which when they happen people just stop to hear/see them and so obviously you all remember where you were when these things happened:

1. September 11
3. When France drew level against Italy in Euro 2000 with just a few seconds to go.
1. Actually cant remember where i was... Jus remember spending the whole day trying to contact a couple of friends in New York

2. In bed I think

3. Bar

4. Theatre of Dreams - Manchester - England

5. Olimpico stadium - Rome- Italy

6. National Stadium - Tokyo - Japan

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
1. September 11

1. At the cinema
2. At home.
3. At home.
4. At home
5. At home
6. At home.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005

1. September 11
1. Can't remember

2. Can't remember

3. Can't remember :D

4. I remember crying

5. Didnt even know what the hell Juve is back then

6. ...

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004

1. September 11
1. I was in school, I remember we were watching TV cause our teacher was late for class and then came on an special bulletin, that a plane had hit the Twin Towers, and we watched as the second plane hit, it was surreal.

2. I cant remember

3. Crying...

4. On the verge of sleep, that game was sooooooooooooo boring.

5. Eh? Sometimes during the "Doped Era". I dont remember the year and have no idea what the hell I was doing.

6. :confused: Was I even born?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
1. September 11

I was in San Francisco's SFO airport at 6am, getting ready to take a United flight to Boston to lay off 25 people in the office there during the dot-bomb crash... wondering why all the air traffic was halted due to a plane hitting the World Trade Center (the airport announcer made it sound like a small, private aircraft).

(I wound up rescheduled on one of the first flights allowed to land at Logan three days later, and the airport was the cross between a ghost town and a crime scene when I arrived.)

At work, thinking that this was symbolic news at best for the future of Iraq.

Watching the match at a pub on lower Market Street beneath the Central Freeway in SF, hoping I wouldn't have to spend another Sunday afternoon listening to the few local French expats driving around in circles, honking their horns, and yelling stupid things in French as I had at the very same spot after the 1998 WC Final.

I was having a late lunch in a British sports pub near work, hiding out from a senior vice president's staff meeting to catch the game, giving evil "don't give me this crap" glances to a Milanista friend of mine who owns a cafe up the same street.

I was on my third day of work at the same company I work for today. (Maybe that's what's been holding us back? :confused: )

At work (where else?), getting ready to head up to Sacramento for Thanksgiving in a couple of days.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh, and I have a pretty decent one for this...

When Princess Diana died?

I was camping 2300m up, near the rim of Crater Lake National Park in central Oregon with my wife. Three days later we headed back down to civilization to meet the graphic artist for our book in Medford, OR to go over some proofs.

Waiting to meet him in a McDonald's of all places, we couldn't help but notice all the newspaper headlines about "Diana's driver", etc., etc. -- wondering what's the big deal about her driver. People in the McDonald's looked at us as if we just landed from Mars, since we didn't know a thing about it.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I remember waking up to that news, I was at my nan's house, and I remember waking my nan and auntie up with the news. I was 10 :eek: I didnt realise she'd been dead for 8 years now

Max

Jul 15, 2003
On Tuesday, September 11, 2001, I was at school and it was raining. We had to go in for indoor recess (elementary school Grade 8) because of the rain. One of my friends, another girl, and myself were the only people in the classroom at this time as other people were just walking in. Our teacher came in and she told me that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. To be honest, I thought nothing of it at that point, but then we had to go into the gymnasium. The principal told us of the news and how both towers began to collapse. We basically just watched CNN the whole day.

When Saddam was captured, I had just woke up. As soon as I came down, my parents told me that Saddam was captured. I said, "That's great," and poured myself a bowl of Oatmeal Crisp.

When France tied Italy off of a controversial Wiltord goal (come on, FIVE MINUTES OF EXTRA-TIME?), I was ready to celebrate Italy's victory. I was in front of my TV in an Italian jersey, eating grapes. (Amazing how bad memories stick, eh? :D) My friend was in the washroom and was ready to go flagging in the car. I told him it was tied, the toliet flushed, the door opened, and he said, "You're ****ing kidding me," with the most serious face I've ever seen.

I was watching Juve-Milan with a Milan fan at my house. I kicked him out right after.

When Juventus won the Champions' League in 1996, I was too young. Same goes with the Intercontinental Cup. I just remember watching SportsCentre on TSN and I was happy because the team with the black and white stripes had won the Champions' League. I had a Juventus jersey brought back from Italy by my parents at that time as well.

When Princess Diana died, I was at a Toronto Blue Jays game at Skydome, now the "Rogers Centre". They were playing the Florida Marlins, and all of the people were so upset when that news came up on the huge screen. My parents were really down that day, so I figured she was someone important.

Jan 7, 2004
i remember the september 11 thing, after it had happened i was playing basketball and one of my friends mentions it and i didnt really hear him i just gave him a "ye" but then i go home and watch the tv and it was all just so unrealistic.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Believe it or not, but I was watching the game in France, in a bar.
We were going to Italy the next week, so I said I was already looking forward to the celebrations.

When France equalised, the bar went wild. I was too sad to cry.

Dec 27, 2003
I must be one of the few persons to have missed Sept 11th entirely.

I had just graduated a few days before and had been doing drugs, alcohol and casual sex ever since. I went to bed at 9 AM that morning. I remember the phone ringing and ringing again. When I finally found the energy to drag myself to the chair, grab the phone in my trousers and answer, this friend shouted in my ears : "man, have you seen what happened??". "No, Im wearing nothing but a sock on my right foot and have no idea what happened in the past 48 hours. I also seem to have 5 tons of lead stuck into my skull and I'll need at least another day to evacuate it. Bye". And I turned off the phone. This friend of mine has a habit of calling me in the middle of the night when he's drunk, so I assumed it was just another of his stupid jokes.

I woke back up at 8 PM, made myself some tea, switched on the radio (I was but a poor student and couldn't afford TV) and learned what happened from there. Possibly my worst hangover ever.

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
1. September 11

I was watching TV when all of those events occured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)