Where is the "Report This Post" Function?? (1 Viewer)

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    I rarely report, but if i need to, what shall i do? PM you:p??

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    That's pretty much been the practice people use now. Some PM boxes are known to be quite full, but (and don't let the secret out ;) ) mine isn't in that category...

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    You're on to the truth, Jeeks. PM abuse started after that. I believe in mods who can help maintain order. But there are some posters -- and I'm not going to name any names -- who basically get caught in a little bit of fire, toss on more gasoline, and then go running to the fire department for help, pointing fingers at everyone else.

Multiply that by a lot of people, and a big brother crackdown with heavy ban sentences left and right isn't healthy for the forums either. Some people try to use mods as a weapon to get back at others when they either can't fight their own fights or want to escalate something. And that's a bad thing.

You wouldn't believe some of the disappointment in some PMers who found out that if I did or did not take any action about any reported abuse, I kept that action private between the mods and the 'abuser'. As far as I'm concerned, it's none of the business of the reporter what takes place afterwards.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    swag said:
    You're on to the truth, Jeeks. PM abuse started after that. I believe in mods who can help maintain order. But there are some posters -- and I'm not going to name any names -- who basically get caught in a little bit of fire, toss on more gasoline, and then go running to the fire department for help, pointing fingers at everyone else.

Multiply that by a lot of people, and a big brother crackdown with heavy ban sentences left and right isn't healthy for the forums either. Some people try to use mods as a weapon to get back at others when they either can't fight their own fights or want to escalate something. And that's a bad thing.

You wouldn't believe some of the disappointment in some PMers who found out that if I did or did not take any action about any reported abuse, I kept that action private between the mods and the 'abuser'. As far as I'm concerned, it's none of the business of the reporter what takes place afterwards.
    If you can't do the job, quit it, simple as that.. and I know very well that crap is directed to me. I am not here "to fight my own fights", I am/was here to discuss football, but if you have different opinion, or If you look at the Juventus' problems in another view, they call you all kind of insults. Even some idiot nsulted my mother, and I saw your reaction :disagree:

Like I said before, you are a figure here as a moderator, If you don't care about the forum's quality, why are you a mod? leave the job to those who can do it properly, like Mikhail, Tom ..

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Reporting someone about smth is like officially accusing him to the mods "officers/enforcers",
    but the moderators have the power to judge if any action is needed or not,
    how can someone force/manipulate them to do smth just by a report???
    ( and use them as a weapon? )

The moderators arent necesary forced to take action if they dont want to,
    they can just ignore a report, if they judge it has nothing to offer them, they can consider it or "forget" it
    why it would have to be turned off?

They mods just lack now the extra help from public opinion in the "who wants to be a millionaire" ,
    but in the end its the mods call...
    now they have to be everywhere to keep the order,
    track every post, poster, intention, missunderstandings, previus fights etc etc

and pm abuse is really worse than report abuse,

whatever if mods want it this way, then its up to them...

i thought it was off due to a site problem...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Cronios said:
    Reporting someone about smth is like officially accusing him to the mods "officers/enforcers",
    but the moderators have the power to judge if any action is needed or not
    and pm abuse is really worse than report abuse,
    Believe me, when you've been away for two days and find that you've got 30 messages from the forums in your email account, you think differently. People are a bit slower to pm than to click a button.

Marty removed the function because it was just getting too much traffic, much of which was noise. A lot of it was people who'd hit the wrong button and stuff like that!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    mikhail said:
    Believe me, when you've been away for two days and find that you've got 30 messages from the forums in your email account, you think differently. People are a bit slower to pm than to click a button.

Marty removed the function because it was just getting too much traffic, much of which was noise. A lot of it was people who'd hit the wrong button and stuff like that!
    I got that warning from you Mikhail because of this clown Rami, I know you are doing your job, I don't blame you for that, but because of the system we have here, and because It is hard for you to run this site alone, that's why I understand you. Cheers :coffee:

well this idiot we have here, is after me for the last two weeks or more, I have no problem with him, but he is trying to provoke me because of the probs between me and Jeeks (He is Jeek's ----- you know the word). Isn't it lame to take friends' side in an internet forum? :pumpkin:
    well We have these kinds of personalities too, you can't do anything about it.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    snoop said:
    I got that warning from you Mikhail because of this clown Rami,
    The problem was with a post directed at Rami, yes.

well this idiot we have here, is after me for the last two weeks or more, I have no problem with him, but he is trying to provoke me because of the probs between me and Jeeks (He is Jeek's ----- you know the word). Isn't it lame to take friends' side in an internet forum? :pumpkin:
    Not particularly. Friends tend to stick up for eachother everywhere. The language you use isn't acceptable snoop. If you have a problem with Rami or Jeeks, don't interact with them. If you feel they're taunting you, please do two things:
    1. Report the problem. If I don't see it, I can't deal with it.
    2. Don't react. Whatever about sticking up for a friend, getting riled over a post on an internet forum is lamer. Be the mature guy.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    mikhail said:
    The problem was with a post directed at Rami, yes.

Not particularly. Friends tend to stick up for eachother everywhere. The language you use isn't acceptable snoop. If you have a problem with Rami or Jeeks, don't interact with them. If you feel they're taunting you, please do two things:
    1. Report the problem. If I don't see it, I can't deal with it.
    2. Don't react. Whatever about sticking up for a friend, getting riled over a post on an internet forum is lamer. Be the mature guy.
    Friends do that yes, but not "friends" the online friends..

whore in this forum is not acceptable? well I have been called Capello's cock sucker many times (not just me) ok then, I will call rami, Jeeks' cock sucker, is that acceptable? :confused:, some one even called me son of a bitch. Come one man, I know what I am talking about, I reported these things many times, I got tired of reporting them, If I saw any result, that rules are really being applied, you wouln't see me using these kinds of words.

Mikhail, sorry but I don't have a fuckin clue what u talking about.. I am interacting my problem with jeeks with rami??? I don't have a problem with that idiot called rami, he is using my quotes against Jeeks everywhere, who's interacting the problems with others? :disagree:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Mikhail, sorry but I don't have a fuckin clue what u talking about.. I am interacting my problem with jeeks with rami??? I don't have a problem with that idiot called rami, he is using my quotes against Jeeks everywhere, who's interacting the problems with others? :disagree:
    In simple terms Snoop, don't call him that sort of thing, or you'll see the reaction you say never happens. That applies to everyone.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Oh, the report post function was removed? Good-o, I got tired of seeing 50 reports from the same people report after a period of absence

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    Yeah it was removed a while ago because people were abusing it like swag mentioned above.

Hmm I just noticed we just crossed 900k posts, just 100k left to the million. :) And this is with ~5000 members. My other board has nearly 50000 members and just a little over 300k posts. Quality vs. Quantity? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)