Where are you from?? (3 Viewers)

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
At the time my grandpa was studying for his medical degree, but he had to enlist for military service, but instead of joining the infantry he served as a railway engineer. His crew was captured at some stage, and he was put in a Prisoner of War camp in the South. I'm not sure how many years he was there for, but during that time he managed to get hold of an English dictionary, and he taught himself English using it. When he was released, he worked as an English interpreter for the South Korean government and got to travel overseas a lot. When he went to the United States, he saw the opportunity there and was very impressed by Western civilisation (since Korea was a total hole at the time :)blah: I can see the "it still is" jokes coming)).
Talk about a will. :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Originally half Thai, half Indonesian........home in Bangkok, Thailand....studying in Sydney, Australia...;)

Kaka22

Aug 6, 2004
++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++

that was a real picture of dubai taken exactly 10 years ago! 1993!!!!
of Sheikh Zayed road!!!!

Dubai is realy cool!!!!I have relatives that live there and I plan to visit them soon:DDubai rocks

ultra33

Aug 1, 2004
I was born and live in Melbourne, Australia.
My Dad was born in Palermo Italy, whilst Mum was born here, but to Italian parents (who were born in Pescara).

Australia is a very multi-cultural place for all of you who have never been here before. We don't really have any one particular culture as we have many, made up by all those different nationalities that live here.

No one here in Australia has forgotten there heritage, whether they are Italians, Greeks, Asians, or whatever...they still do things the way they did when they were back in their homelands.

I love Australia, its a great place, but hopefully one day I can visit all these beautiful places from where you guys come from.

Thanks.

River

Jun 15, 2004
London. Where an improvement in crime related violence means you are now less likely to get shot and more likely to get the shit kicked out of you.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I am 75% Shemakha (old capitol of Azerbaijan- in the 17 and 18 hundreds) and 25% Bilajari (one of old Baku villages). Both places have always been Azeri territories.

We've traced my family back to 1789.

Minfana

Jul 15, 2003
Well... My mom is finnish. dad was german. I was born in Germany, but mom took me to Finland when I was 9 months old. I have no siblings. No husband/fiancé/partner to mention. My cat is finnish country-stripey-ordinary :) . I live in Helsinki and work in Vantaa (which is almost the same ;P ) I wish I could move to Italy or Scotland - no relation there whatsoever, Roverbhoy, wish there were, though :D

Here's a bit of Helsinki in summer

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
i was born in hospital :)D), in prishtina, kosova, (a place next to albania for those who haven't heard about it).

both my parents are albanian kosovars, so i dont think there's need to talk about my family roots. :)

pics of prishtina :

p.s. i dont know if i posted here before, coz im too :lazy: to look back. but if i did, then sorry. :)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
At the time my grandpa was studying for his medical degree, but he had to enlist for military service, but instead of joining the infantry he served as a railway engineer. His crew was captured at some stage, and he was put in a Prisoner of War camp in the South. I'm not sure how many years he was there for, but during that time he managed to get hold of an English dictionary, and he taught himself English using it.
Sorry, can't resist...
This watch was
on your Daddy's wrist when he was
shot down over Hanoi. He was
captured and put in a Vietnamese
prison camp. Now he knew if the
gooks ever saw the watch it's be
confiscated. The way your Daddy
looked at it, that watch was your
birthright. And he'd be damned if
and slopeheads were gonna put their
greasy yella hands on his boy's
birthright. So he hid it in the
one place he knew he could hide
somethin'. His ass. Five long
years, he wore this watch up his
ass. Then when he died of
disentary, he gave me the watch. I
hid with uncomfortable hunk of
metal up my ass for two years.
Then, after seven years, I was sent
home to my family. And now, little
man, I give the watch to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)