When legends speak (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ferrara in Trap attack​

Friday 3 March, 2006​

Channel4.com wrote

Italy assistant boss Ciro Ferrara has taken a surprising swipe at Giovanni Trapattoni for ruining his 2002 World Cup dream.

The then Juventus defender was hoping to make the squad, but was ignored by Trap for what Ferrara deems as the wrong reason.

“He considered me as too old even before the World Cup, a phrase which he let slip in the company of journalists,” the legendary stopper said. “I still haven’t forgiven him for that.

“He didn’t say the same thing about Roberto Baggio, another man who he didn’t take. He had nicer words about him, whereas he said I was just old,” continued Ciro.

“It was something that I never expected from someone like him, a man of sport, he could have done without that sentence.”

Ferrara was also keen to point out two more factors in his personal duel with Trap, whose squad spectacularly exited the Finals in the second round to South Korea.

“After he said those things, I went on to win three more League titles with Juventus,” continued the Napoli-born great.

“I also want to remind people that in the end he selected Angelo Di Livio who was even older than me.

“I am sad that I didn’t go to those Finals. I understand that a Coach needs to make those decisions, but that statement hurt.”

Ferrara, who was 35 at the time, could make up for that disappointment by helping the present squad achieve greatness in Germany.

Ferrara, after quitting the game last summer, has been appointed as Marcello Lippi’s assistant with the national side.
Ferrara :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ferrara is da man, though. Gotta be my favorite class Juve player of the past decade at least. :thumbs:

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Nice Ciro !

I hate Trap for what he did to Del Piero. He subbed him out twice - vs Corea and vs sweden (euro 2004) - two times where if Ale stayed, Italy could have gone further. The Corea game hurts me the most, because this could have been Ale's World Cup, he was already on fire. This is something that I can never forigve, it hurts me to think about it, I think he really could have almost ruined Del Piero... but I had no doubt, and Del Piero like a Phenoix rises again !!!!!! :agree:

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Ferrara would have been very important for the team because he is so experienced. The italian national team was just crap under Trapattoni. I am so glad that Lippi is the national coach now. He is doing a great job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)