What's Wrong With Salas? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
I think that Salas was very seriously injured and that he has never been given teh chance to get back to form.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he is rarely played anymore. how can a player gain form when sitting on the bench??

i feel for him, he was doing well when he first arrived.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i agree, he needs a lot more playing time (more than DP did !! )
Sadly, he doesn't have the support from the club or fans. and juve's games are too important.
we're not in the coppa italia anymore, so that really ruiend the chances for a comeback.

Solution:
he needs to be sold to a smaller club to regain form. the same as Baggio when he went to Bologna from AC Milan and then to Brescia from Inter.

(not that Salas has ever been as good as Baggio)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Salas was given a lot of chances earlier and he was not very effective. It's sad that a great player like Salas ends up like this but today's football has a lot of pressure in it. Funny thing is that many players who just can't cut at Juve end up doing quite well elsewhere. :sad:
Majed's solution is the best thing that could be done for him.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I saw a programme the other day about Lazio and their glory days .. Salas was deadly and used to constantly score breath-taking goals .. but sadly, after that serious injury he got against Bologna I don't think he will ever return to that level .. it shows from training .. I mean if Salas' performance was glowing and suddenly kept scoring goals in training, then I think Lippi will surely play him .. even ahead of Treze .. but sadly I think Salas isn't showing that and he will most probably be sold in the summer ..

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Who knows, maybe he can still has his say in Juve.

maybe he'll do something brilliant when coming in as a sub, and then he'll get confidence. and then the sky is the limit

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
looks like the board's made up their mind about him. the moment they bought DV his turn was up.
I guess so, but don't we still have to pay something to keep DV?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++

true, but we cant sell salas real quick either. aint hot property....
that's the funny thing.he's playing sh*t but i've read that manyoo,barcelona,river plate and tottenham are interested.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Since the horrible injury that Marcello suffered he just hasn't been the same at all. He hasn't received much playing time and when he did manage to get some he didn't utilise it well enough to earn himself a more senior role in the squad.

Our best bet is to either use him as bait to get a young defender or just sell him for as much money as the teams interested in him are willing to offer.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

that's the funny thing.he's playing sh*t but i've read that manyoo,barcelona,river plate and tottenham are interested.
Yea, this is something I've worried about ... With his current form it will most likely be very hard to find a team willing to take him in for a reasonable sum of money, and I don't see what sense there is in letting him go on loan because we won't get any money and it doesn't look like he'll be back to his old self any time soon.

But as you said, a number of clubs are interested in him. Why? Probably because they think that they can get him to return to his old form. Good luck with that! :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
Well, that's good, but as things stand now, River, Barca, and Tottenham have no chance of buying him, they've got no money! Barca is an outside chance if they use a player or two, and Man U can certainly get better players than Salas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)