What's this injury called? (Medical ?) (1 Viewer)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Well last Wednesday night, I was playing soccer, and when I play, my buddies and I dont wear shinguards, since its just pick up games and what not. Anywho, I took a GNARLY knock in the shin. Dude went cleats up almost on me, as I was stabbing in for the ball. He left 2 3-4 inch lines right on my shin, red and very visible. It was the worst ive had in a while. Anywho, almost one week has passed, and the color settled, as well as direct everyday walking pain, but I played tonight again in my indoor championship game ;), and now I cant seem to jog on it, only when adrenaline and what not is flowing, like short little sprints and what not.

Everytime I plant my heel, pain seems to come about right on the bone, on the shin. When I feel the area with my hand, it seems to divot right in that area meaning if I start above the mark, and run my hand against the bone/skin, its flat, flat, flat, then takes a dip in, like the bone collapsed a bit, in like a 1 inch area. When I push in the soft little imprint, the bone is in a lot of pain. Does anyone know what this might be called, medical wise, or a term for it. Like the bone is IN, and not smooth. Only like 1 inch long or so, and muscle around it seems loose.

Should I see a doctor?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Yes. See a Doctor.

For medical issues, I would not exactly take advice from non-experts. Your long term health is at risk here.

OP
ADP Timers

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    im just trying to get some ideas as to what it might be. hate to go pay 1000 / hr for a checkup, when i can conclude that itll just heal with time, and nothing else should be done.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
    im just trying to get some ideas as to what it might be. hate to go pay 1000 / hr for a checkup, when i can conclude that itll just heal with time, and nothing else should be done.
    Ok.

erado

Nov 2, 2004
    since it has been 1 week, i think its better for him to see a doctor... better play safe than sorry... such money cannot be save, as a long term injury could be serious...

Take good care of urself, ADP Timers

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
    im just trying to get some ideas as to what it might be. hate to go pay 1000 / hr for a checkup , when i can conclude that itll just heal with time, and nothing else should be done.
    insurance ?

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    I dislocated my foot a couple of times playing football. you cant walk on it but it clicks back in place very easily. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)