what's the time? (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
exactly.. anyway.. I don't think anyone will come in the next few days.. we have to survive this season with the squad that we have now..

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
moggi is fighting for signatures but continues to wait to qualify for the CL. its stupid cuz other team are not waiting and taking the players moggi wants.

is it possibly to sign a right back, central defender and a striker in such a short time?

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
I think the opposite- if we qualify- Moggi will think that "things are probably not as bad"
Seriously how can you think Moggi is that stupid, that man knows what he is doing, the past should tell us that too, and i think Juve's poor economy this year is a reason for why he hasnt brought any other major signings except the great Puma Emerson.

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
moggi is fighting for signatures but continues to wait to qualify for the CL. its stupid cuz other team are not waiting and taking the players moggi wants.

is it possibly to sign a right back, central defender and a striker in such a short time?
yes i agree with u .... Moggi just waits for WED match .... i hope juve can make it

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
He have to wait, his job isnt only to please the fans with signings, he have to have a good economic balance, thats why he waits until after the CL qual.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
is it then not worth it to buy players,if we fail to qualify?this is foolish to say the least.

does he think that juve are guaranteed a place in the top four?if the CL is that important to him then why doesn't he spend to ensure that,at the very least,our team is good enough to qualify for next season?just because we fail to qualify this season,we throw all that long term planning out of the window and scrimp and save for the sake of prudence?some businesses are run that way,yes,but not necessarily in football.

we have already seen what one season of bad results and low CL revenue can do to our financial well being.how full our coffers are and how well we do in europe go hand in hand.if spending to make sure we are able to compete in europe and gain bigger returns in the process isn't good business then i don't know what is.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

is it then not worth it to buy players,if we fail to qualify?this is foolish to say the least.

does he think that juve are guaranteed a place in the top four?if the CL is that important to him then why doesn't he spend to ensure that,at the very least,our team is good enough to qualify for next season?just because we fail to qualify this season,we throw all that long term planning out of the window and scrimp and save for the sake of prudence?some businesses are run that way,yes,but not necessarily in football.

we have already seen what one season of bad results and low CL revenue can do to our financial well being.how full our coffers are and how well we do in europe go hand in hand.if spending to make sure we are able to compete in europe and gain bigger returns in the process isn't good business then i don't know what is.
So according to you, we should just buy alot of players no matter what it cost, because debt doesnt mean a thing (just look at lazio), and then we are guarantied to do well in both CL and Serie A. BUT it doesnt give us any more guaranties than today!, so im glad they are running a balanced and stable economy at Juve, so that the club can remain at the top of Serie A and Europe among the others in the future.

Its better to be number 2 for years in a row, than nr 1 one year and 10 the next year.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

So according to you, we should just buy alot of players no matter what it cost, because debt doesnt mean a thing (just look at lazio), and then we are guarantied to do well in both CL and Serie A. BUT it doesnt give us any more guaranties than today!, so im glad they are running a balanced and stable economy at Juve, so that the club can remain at the top of Serie A and Europe among the others in the future.

Its better to be number 2 for years in a row, than nr 1 one year and 10 the next year.
most definitely not.what i want us to do is to spend smart,as many other teams have done this season.we don't have to spend alot,but if the team needs changes then by all means get the money and spend it,even if it means selling stars.

nothing is guaranteed in football.but having better players,solving urgent problems and filling gaps in the team ensures us of a better chance.let's think long term for a change.to not buy any players this season just because we don't qualify for CL is stupid,cos we're probably gonna spiral further downwards.we dropped from 1st to 3rd last season,which landed us in the qualifiers.thinking back,if we'd actually spent better(or at all) in the winter we'd probably be out of this mess without having to worry about qualifying for europe.

a business can be run many ways.we have built ours around core values of prudence,investing in the future and buying smart.however we've predominantly seen the first of those values this summer in our buys,with moggi saving every last cent and as a result losing out on many players most of us thought were virtually ours.then look at other clubs,like man utd for example.they spend every season,not unnecessarily like some others do,and get returns year in year out from qualifying for the CL q-finals every time.

again i'd like to emphasize that this is a long-term business we're running.by hesitating we've given our rivals all the time in the world to snap up our targets and we've been left with old/risky buys.tell me,what do you consider the better transfer:buying the young,talented mexes for 4m for our ageing defence or possibly more for an over-the hill cannavaro?i'd bet anything that had we moved faster and been more decisive we'd see the results of this transfer campaign for years and years to come simply because we could've gotten so many players who'd have solved our defensive problems for an entire decade or more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)