Whats our squad worth (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Perugia drop ex-Juve pair Friday 23 August, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perugia are cutting costs and have shown Nicola Amoruso and Fabian O’Neill the door.

“Amoruso is sure to leave,” explained President Luciano Gaucci, “as he just won’t be able to play now that we have Andrea Caracciolo.”

Under-21 striker Caracciolo arrived on loan from Brescia this week and has pushed the former Bianconeri hitman out of the squad.

Amoruso has been linked with Premiership sides, most notably Everton, for several weeks and a move looks imminent.

If Amoruso’s future hangs in the balance, that of O’Neill has already been decided.

The Uruguayan international (pictured) has rescinded his contract with Perugia after less than a year at the Stadio Renato Curi.

“The club had expressed its desire to sell me some months ago,” confessed the other ex-Juve star.

“I had been offered to sides from Belgium, Turkey and other places around the world, but I realised that the cost was excessive for these clubs.”

“When I offered to rescind my contract, we reached an agreement immediately.” O’Neill had been tied to Perugia until 2005.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    We have posted and read many threads of how we need to preserve our teams and how we are not as rich Real Madrid and all that, I was speaking to a fan of Arsenal and he was asking me about Italian football in general with the monetary probs and Juve in particular

Now if we look at Juve and the players we have at the moment, suppose we needed money badly, which players will provide us with a reasonable transfer fee.

The post above from football Italia shows some of the players at Juve past and present are not good enough as Oneill and Amoruso are being rejected by lowly Perugia.

Roma are so desperate for Davids and yet are not prepared to fork out more than 11m plus Lima.

The way I see it our biggest assets are Buffon, Tudor, Brighi, Dp, Davids, Salas, Thuram,Trez and Nedved

Nobody will splash out anything like 15m imo for Buffom, not in this climate, I am sure the days of spending big on a goal keeper are gone so he will be a loss moneywise.

Tudor, Brighi and Trez are the only guys that will bring in big money if they continue to improve.

Ferara, Montero,Birindelli, Montero, conte, Fresi, Baiocco willl fetch little or nothing at all

Davids, Salas,Thuram and Nedved will not be bought for more than 10m imo

Dp unless he completely rediscovers his old form will not bring in more than 15m

Iuliano and Tacchi are about 5m except there is a big improvement in their play

Zambrotta 8m tops, Camoranesi 5m

I can see our players either remaining with us or being used as part of deals to bring better players.

To be honest the only players I can see big clubs coming in for are Brighi and Trezeguet

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
    So?
    Are we planning to sell all our players?
    No Juve has never being known to sell of their players:(

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    I was being sarcastic:down:we have been known to sell off our best players when the right offer comes along e'gZz,Inzaghi, Vieri, Boksic, Baggio, Baggio, Torricelli, Descahmps, Sousa, Jugovic, Dilivio, etc etc etc

The only reason we have not sold Davids and Thuram was because of no good offers, we are not interested in parting with Trez and Brighi while the rest are not generating any interest

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I see where ur going denco .. I think its not Juve's fault, this year's transfer climate was very dire ... so I wasn't surprised for Roma's mere offer to get Davids, I think that had Davids been sold last summer (2001), he would've easily fetched 30 million .. Moreover, most squads remain unchanged, even Real Madrid have the same players !! Anyway, hopefully Juve wouldn't have to sell any of their prize assets, not in the mean time ...

Jul 12, 2002
    100 million pounds. We could sell off our team and generate 100 million pounds and still be able to field a team. That is my estimate.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    100 million pounds. We could sell off our team and generate 100 million pounds and still be able to field a team. That is my estimate.
    if you are talking about today's prices no way, nobody in our squad outside Trez will attract more than £20m if that

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
    100 mil!?!..5 of real's team can generate the same ammount of cash :eek:
    But who would buy them? You have to think that yeah, Trez could fetch 20 mill, and DP the same, but there is no way that there are enough teams with money to buy all of those players.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    There are enough teams in the world to buy those players of Real wants to sell

Jul 12, 2002
    No, there aren't. If you look at it, there are only six or seven teams who could afford a player more than 20 million, and none of them could take more than one.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    well there are just 6 or 7 players in Real madrid worth in excess of 20m unlike our 1 player

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    well there are just 6 or 7 players in Real madrid worth in excess of 20m unlike our 1 player
    It doesn't matter. If you look t the markte right now, it would be very difficult to unload 100 million pounds of players at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)