whats one thing that would (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Its a massive oxymoron... mankind and intellegence that is.

We say we are smart, yet the worlds most powerful nation has a corrupt leader in a corrupt system. We say we are advanced, yet we drive countless species to the brink of extinction when we cut the rainforest.

The surest sign that intelligent life is out there in the universe is the fact they havent tried to contact us.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Making it that much more blatantly obvious to all human kind that what comes around, goes around.

Minfana

Jul 15, 2003
Lili: religion has been one of the main reasons for war during man's existance on Earth - so no hope there.

The only thing that would really save the world: humans become extinct.

Sorry, guys, but it's true - it is the people who make the world a very, very bad place :groan:

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
We say we are smart, yet the worlds most powerful nation has a corrupt leader in a corrupt system. We say we are advanced, yet we drive countless species to the brink of extinction when we cut the rainforest.

ONE:cool:

Aliens laugh at humans like those two in the Simpsons.

There will never be peace on earth, heaven holds that. Everyone is out for there own ends and this is how it is. As a person try to help others from time to time and you will feel good.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
:wallbang: this thread sounds alot like beauty pagent answers

- Humanity..... look at the world around you and whats happeneing..... it's inhumanity that is making this world in the whole suffer alot

- The opposite of selfshness <----- sori! the right word just ttally slipped out of my mind right now :LOL:

But since i can only rally choose 1 answer and since i am going to take this as THE WORLD and not just THE HUMAN WORLD ( no 1 thinks of the other lifeforms that shars this place man! :wth: ).... my answer is Trees.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Minfana ] ++
Lili: religion has been one of the main reasons for war during man's existance on Earth - so no hope there.
Actually, it's differences in religion that have caused all those wars, so I think Lili's point is valid, though to a lot of people that sounds like anything but an ideal world :)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Actually, it's differences in religion that have caused all those wars, so I think Lili's point is valid, though to a lot of people that sounds like anything but an ideal world
Religion my faith God is the most important thing to me. In todays world there is too many people who harldy take it serious, casual. They worship celebs instead:confused: I just take the examples set by prophets when I read the quaran or any other text which talk of them and try to follow in a good way.

Dan

Back &amp; Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Hey i have a question. Do you think the film 'the matrix' is a parody on real life? opinions please.

OP
Lawnchair Bes
Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    Hey i have a question. Do you think the film 'the matrix' is a parody on real life? opinions please.

i am not sure i understand it .

and dont give the matrix too much credit

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ummmmm no, it was just a cool movie :cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    (this is not an answer to Dan's question, just a ramble)

The Wachowski brothers tried to be waaaay to deep in the Matrix movies. The first one was cool because it did new things and had some revolutionary action sequences, but the minute they started getting philosophical and put in the KFC guy, it got ridiculous.

IMO the key to getting an audience to care about the storyline of a movie is to make them care about the characters and what they're trying to achieve. I mean, who really cared about Zion being invaded and Neo's personal journey to discover "the truth". What with everyone saying "Am I real? Or am I :blah:". How can anyone really empathise with the characters in a movie and their motives when we don't know what the hell is going on?

It was a horrible move by the Wachowskis to remove any sense of closure in the second film. When I pay my money to see a movie, I pay to see the conflicts in that particular story resolved. Sure, it's all well and good to end a movie with a blatantly obvious hint that there's gonna be a sequel, but in other movies that you watch, the problem at hand is resolved, but the second Matrix film served only to confuse audiences further and build up to the third movie, which was ultimately a huge disappointment too.

You can go ahead and call me a shallow person who's too lazy to figure out the real plot of the movie, but again... when I pay my money to see a movie, I don't wanna have to be thinking about what Colonel Sanders was talking about 12 hours later, I want to be told what the **** is going on.

Horrible

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I guess one can get this feeling after getting out of the cinema.

The answer is "no".

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    Maybe it is like real life. As humans have developed (in the Matrix case, the trilogy itself), humans have just gotten more and more ridiculous. Then again, I could just be stoned. I'd opt for the latter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)