What will you say with Bettega's comment? (2 Viewers)

nowhereman

Jul 15, 2002
However, Bettega did hint that his club may be willing to sacrifice established players - as they did in the past with Roberto Baggio and Zinedine Zidane - in order to bring in some rising stars.

"We are continuing in our policy of buying up and coming talent," he maintained. "Don’t forget that when we bought Zidane, Trezeguet, Henry and Tudor, they were all youngsters and hadn’t established themselves."
Would you sacrifice Trez for 60m$ and buy new talented players to replace him? What would you choose? As for me, it's hard to leave Trez because he currently is the only perfect striker in this world. His finishing ability can't be compared by anyone. So how can Bettega find another who is better than him???

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
last time we never knew that players like aimar and d'alessandro could be as good as zidane(well, almost...)

what im sayin is that only time will tell..im pretty sure somebody as good a finisher (and probably better outside the box) will pop-out someday..

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
last time we never knew that players like aimar and d'alessandro could be as good as zidane(well, almost...)

what im sayin is that only time will tell..im pretty sure somebody as good a finisher (and probably better outside the box) will pop-out someday..
i agree with that!

but i think we should keep him while he is in his prime time!!! why loose him now and hope for someone to come who can fill in his shoes!!!
currently he is the only pure striker at juventus!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
People, time sure does tell, but it usually tells us 1 of 2 things about the player:

1. He is great- His price goes up, and all of a sudden every major club on the continent is after his signature.

2.He's a one-season wonder- His price goes down, and so does his demand...unfortunately we wont get him either...

So the key is taking RISKS, and calculated ones...if we wait, we risk losing them, we must get them BEFORE they are famous, command high wages, and their price sky-rockets.

A good example is Camoranesi- he was a great player, but never the likes of how he's doing now...if he keeps playing this well...we have another player of the likes of Nedved in our team, for about 25 million pounds less!!

Plus the name will bring in some income in the form of player memoribilia...

I hope people see where im coming from...

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
Well i don't believe that their transfer policy is to sell treze at this point of time.I believe that they will sell him either when they will find a certain replacement or when they see that treze has offered to the club the best he could and it is the proper time for him to move.For example if treze wins another scudetto a CL and a coppa italia then there will be no reason to keep him they can sell him at the highest price and buy a young and determined player.
That is what i believe for juve that always sells the non-determined players those who play without motives to buy young and thirsty for trophees.

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
I like what u said nick...I thik its the right thing to do, unless the player certainly wants to stay with the club and try to play the best he can...
Of course like Del Piero for example:D

Disease

Jan 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nick ] ++
Well i don't believe that their transfer policy is to sell treze at this point of time.I believe that they will sell him either when they will find a certain replacement or when they see that treze has offered to the club the best he could and it is the proper time for him to move.For example if treze wins another scudetto a CL and a coppa italia then there will be no reason to keep him they can sell him at the highest price and buy a young and determined player.
That is what i believe for juve that always sells the non-determined players those who play without motives to buy young and thirsty for trophees.

Well, that's somewhat true. But don't u think it's kind of, um, mean to kick out a player who's helped a team perform so well??
That's like a slap on the face.....
I mean, some of us consider that Zidane is a "traitor" bcoz he left the team after becoming popular and all... Isn't this a vice versa case for the players???
Well, if a player doesn't want to play for the team, it's best for the team to let go. But, if the player still enjoys his stay at the team and he's told to leave just bcoz of money (financial crisis excluded) in spite of doing so well, that'd be cruel!!!

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
leave the negotiations to the board...
as long as there is juve, we will support this club to the abyss

forza juve!!!

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Disease ] ++

Well, that's somewhat true. But don't u think it's kind of, um, mean to kick out a player who's helped a team perform so well??
That's like a slap on the face.....
I mean, some of us consider that Zidane is a "traitor" bcoz he left the team after becoming popular and all... Isn't this a vice versa case for the players???
Well, if a player doesn't want to play for the team, it's best for the team to let go. But, if the player still enjoys his stay at the team and he's told to leave just bcoz of money (financial crisis excluded) in spite of doing so well, that'd be cruel!!!
That's true too but i don't think that juve does that ate least in the most known situation(conte).As for Zidane i don't consider him as a traitor,he had many reasons to leave us.Nevertheless i believe that it was juve that gave him away in order to buy other players to close some gaps.When i will have the time i will post a lippi's interview concerning that matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)