What will you do if.... ? (4 Viewers)

OP
mnementh

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #42
    Del Piero did score in the 97 final though, in a way quite abnormal won't you think... I think you're being harsh with him being a fallen hero. It's what rival fans will say, but they spew their garbage. I know you mean well, but Del Piero can do it (and so can beckham etc though I resent the comparison :) ). Things chance, it's not in the stars... Zidane was a real loser up to that wc final in 98. He lost 3 european finals in a row you know.

Sep 28, 2002
    mnementh said:
    Del Piero did score in the 97 final though, in a way quite abnormal won't you think... I think you're being harsh with him being a fallen hero. It's what rival fans will say, but they spew their garbage. I know you mean well, but Del Piero can do it (and so can beckham etc though I resent the comparison :) ). Things chance, it's not in the stars... Zidane was a real loser up to that wc final in 98. He lost 3 european finals in a row you know.

OP
    mnementh

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #52
    Yep :) And also ever thought why Ronaldo is a winner all of a sudden ?Didn't bring championships in Holland or Spain (or even Brazil league), then lost the scudetto 98, then lost the 98 WC final, then lost the scudetto 2002. Up till the WC 2002 he was pretty much a fallen hero too, no ? So stuff can change. And hopefully it will change for the good to the good guy - Del Piero :) Agree ?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    mnementh said:
    Oh, so it's me. It's not like Zidane and Ronaldo are both players that scored, not only once, but twice in a WC final. You're right it's me. It's not as if Zidane singlehandedly pulled Real through against Leverkusen.

It's not as if Del Piero missed twice against France, right? It's not as if Beckham choked against Argentina in 1998 and against Portugal in 2004, right?

OP
    mnementh

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #56
    Seven said:
    Oh, so it's me. It's not like Zidane and Ronaldo are both players that scored, not only once, but twice in a WC final. You're right it's me. It's not as if Zidane singlehandedly pulled Real through against Leverkusen.
    Forget beckham but your logic is flawed. Zidane pulled through against Leverkusen ? Where was he against bayern, dortmund and real madrid then ? Ronaldo scored in a WC final ? not the 98 one did he ? :disagree: All it takes is one time in your logic. Del Piero can score in this WC final and all your logic be flawed. You take a few examples and present the picture the way you want, in carrears that are still going and ignoring what i said earlier, which are facts said. Ronaldo was the loser in 5.5.2002, a FANTOM, while Del Piero scored vs Udinese. Del Piero scored a backheel in CL 97 final. Think about that. There are no fallen heros here. Just need some luck.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    mnementh said:
    Forget beckham but your logic is flawed. Zidane pulled through against Leverkusen ? Where was he against bayern, dortmund and real madrid then ? Ronaldo scored in a WC final ? not the 98 one did he ? :disagree: All it takes is one time in your logic. Del Piero can score in this WC final and all your logic be flawed. You take a few examples and present the picture the way you want, in carrears that are still going and ignoring what i said earlier, which are facts said. Ronaldo was the loser in 5.5.2002, a FANTOM, while Del Piero scored vs Udinese. Del Piero scored a backheel in CL 97 final. Think about that. There are no fallen heros here. Just need some luck.
    Del Piero scored when we were 0-2 down and he had just come on as a substitute. Where was the pressure? No, Zidane and Ronaldo both managed to make their team win a final, Del Piero neved did. And that's a FACT.

OP
    mnementh

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #60
    Seven said:
    Del Piero scored when we were 0-2 down and he had just come on as a substitute. Where was the pressure? No, Zidane and Ronaldo both managed to make their team win a final, Del Piero neved did. And that's a FACT.
    Coming in as a sub is less pressure ?
    Look, good about Zidane and Ronaldo making winning a final but they never made their team win a final before ! On the contrary ! Get it ? They were fallen heros up to that point. So the same logic applies with Del Piero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)