What is wrong with our Forum (2 Viewers)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Elnur_E65 said:
... you mean to be hooked or get hooked up with a hooker?
No, I meen to be asshooked(*1) or be hooked by hook(*2) on a Hooker(*3).

1) A bondage hook is a blunt-headed hook used for bondage purposes.

2)Sidney Hook (December 20, 1902–July 12, 1989 in Stanford) was a prominent American philosopher who championed pragmatism.

Hook was born in New York to Jennie and Issac Hook. He earned his Bachelor's degree at the City College of New York in 1923, then his Master's and Ph.D. at Columbia University in 1927, where he was a student of John Dewey. Upon finishing his studies he was hired by New York University until his retirement in 1972. From 1948 to 1969 he was head of the department of philosophy, during which time he founded the New York University Institute of Philosophy.

3) The Galway Hooker is a traditional sailing boat used in Galway Bay off the west coast of Ireland. The hooker was developed for the strong seas there. It is identified by the sail formation, which is extremely distinctive and quite beautiful. It consisted of a single mast with a main sail and two foresails. Traditionally, the boat is black (being coated in pitch) and the sails are a dark red-brown.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
I know that I am new here, go less than one month, but I have an idea. If the mods do not work it might do the following thing:
-candidates propose for moderators for the different sections of the forum.
-Then, to vote democratically
-Then, depending on the system of voting they are elected the mods.

This way if someone of these mods does not work we will not have anybody any more who blame except us.
And maybe, in this way, we can choose the "rights" mods.

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    Black&White. said:
    I know that I am new here, go less than one month, but I have an idea. If the mods do not work it might do the following thing:
    -candidates propose for moderators for the different sections of the forum.
    -Then, to vote democratically
    -Then, depending on the system of voting they are elected the mods.

This way if someone of these mods does not work we will not have anybody any more who blame except us.
    And maybe, in this way, we can choose the "rights" mods.
    it is a good idea mate, may be the mods are just in vacation. I hope they will say their word to this subject soon.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Sorry, guys. Been on vacation myself and getting hammered with the post-holiday catch-up at work. Hope to be back to full mod level myself soon.

But thanks for the heads-up on the duplicate threads to look out for. I'll make an effort to help keep them from growing out of control...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)