What has happened to my form? (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
This is mostly about players who have seen an upturn in their form or a spiral downturn in their form

1 Mendietta, :confused: ,3 years ago I was willing to bet everything on this guy being the most complete midfilder in the world, then 2 seasons ago which was his last at Valencia, i began to notice a dip in his form which unfortunately continued with his big money transfer to lazio. He has been a massive disappointment ever since:down:

2 Farinos great prospect at Valencia, career has died ever since

3 Gerard Lopez another great prospect from Valencia whose form has been hit by huge injuries which have led to a great loss of form as he was ready to explode onto the world stage by the time he moved to Barcelona

4 Paolo Montero, once one of the best defenders in the world but is now somewhat of a shadow of his former self

5 Nesta, though not so serious as the ones mentioned, his dip in performance has been slightly alarming as he was very poor in the Euro2004 qualifiers against Yuogoslavia and Wales and was appaling against Roma in the 5-1 mauling last year

6 Salas, my goodness what has happened to El matador, injury layoff and lack of consistent playing time has affected the form and confidence of this player

7 Rivaldo imo has been on a steady decline for about 3 years now, sure he occasionally puts in a great performance like his hattrick against Valencia and his great goal in the wc against belgium, but by and large he has been anonymous in most games I have seen him

8 Kewell , one of my fave players is a pale imitaion of what he can produce normally as he is another one in which injuries have taken their toll

9 Figo is on a steady decline and I for one do not think the Figo of Barceloan has turned up at all, yes he won world's footballer of the year but that imo was to pacify him for slighting him the previous year where he should have surely won it

10 Rui Costa, I have not seen too much of Milan this season but the Rui Costa , I saw last season and in the wc was nowhere near the fantastic fantasia that I used to love and admire , only Zz imo was superior but moving to Milan and injuries, or probably old age have slowed him down considerably:down:

11 Gabriel Omar Batistuta, the sitters that batigol now misses are incredible to see, infact you have to pinch yourself that it is the same goal scorer supreme you are watching. Has old age caught up with him? Does he need a new enviroment? Or is it the end for Bati:down:

12 jersy Dudek It seems the cause of david James at anfield has caught up with Jersy as he seems to be letting in sitters by the bucketload since the wc. Did publicity or hype go to his head?

On the flip side , please what has got into the following

Phlip neville:eek:, Birindelli:eek:, Seedorf:confused:, Guti:eek:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
u got lazy to write about the form fellow :D

i agree on most[:eek:] cept for maybe mendi and kewell..mendi's been ok now on loan to barca, and kewell hasnt really lost his form, he just isnt playing with the same team as o'leary's

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    No Dj mendietta has been adequate, he used to be wonderful for Valencia, scoring incredible goals, and his workrate was tremendous, now he is just like anyother second rate midfielder as for Kewell, he has not really taken the world by storm in almost 2 years now

I didn't exactly get lazy, just could not be assed in singing their praises

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    2 Farinos great prospect at Valencia, career has died ever since
    That's simple .. his career died coz he joined the 'stars grave-yard' (Inter) !! Seedorf survived it amazingly and is know back to his self at Milan ;)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    4 Paolo Montero, once one of the best defenders in the world but is now somewhat of a shadow of his former self
    :down::frown::sob:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    This is mostly about players who have seen an upturn in their form or a spiral downturn in their form

1 Mendietta, :confused: ,3 years ago I was willing to bet everything on this guy being the most complete midfilder in the world, then 2 seasons ago which was his last at Valencia, i began to notice a dip in his form which unfortunately continued with his big money transfer to lazio. He has been a massive disappointment ever since:down:
    What to say more? :down:
    Such good player and what happened to him? I still believe in him and hope that his great form will be back as soon as possible.
    And maybe even not such disappointment, but rather I feel sorry for him. And very sad, cause I've got no idea why such players like Mendieta can lose their form.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    12 jersy Dudek It seems the cause of david James at anfield has caught up with Jersy as he seems to be letting in sitters by the bucketload since the wc. Did publicity or hype go to his head?
    And here I was a bit :confused: in the beginning: who are you talking about? :D;)
    Now only: why do you use such strange name, not his normal name Jerzy?
    And here again: disappointed yes, but more very sad and I feel sorry for him. I hope his form will be better, specially cause he is our NT goalkeeper.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria ] ++

What to say more? :down:
    Such good player and what happened to him? I still believe in him and hope that his great form will be back as soon as possible.
    And maybe even not such disappointment, but rather I feel sorry for him. And very sad, cause I've got no idea why such players like Mendieta can lose their form.
    sort of reminds me of DP...

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    Andy Cole & Dwight Yorke

they used to be the most frightening strikers couple in europe. they lead manchester united to glory, with a great cooperation and attacking/beautiful football.
    But Fergie decided he want Van Nistelrooy, with Solkjaer as a backup. Cole and Yorke had been vanish sice then and now no one remember how good they used to be. playing in Blackburn is not the same as playing for the european champions (and being the stars of that team)...

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    Christophe Dugarry

was a starting player in the world champions France when they won the WC.

now he is a piece of rubbish in bordeux with the big contribution of the injuries.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    Juan Sebastian Veron

now he is starting to play as he should, but since his move to Man Utd he is not the Veron he used to be, at his best days in Lazio. Even in Argentina he's not providing what people were expecting him to provide and he had a terrible World Cup.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    azmin Who ?? ;)

Oded, I agree with Cole and Yorke .. but I think that age got the better of them, Fergie noticed that they're not getting younger by the day .. and wanted a change of blood in the team with fresh faces .. Nistelrooy is doing perfect, but Forlan is a complete flop ..

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    azmin Who ?? ;)

Oded, I agree with Cole and Yorke .. but I think that age got the better of them, Fergie noticed that they're not getting younger by the day .. and wanted a change of blood in the team with fresh faces .. Nistelrooy is doing perfect, but Forlan is a complete flop ..
    I would not really say its age, in Yorke's case it was more of having the wrong attitude, with all those women and partying, he could have gone on to be a great at united but he threw it all away to be honest

Oded, I am not sure Dugarry was ever world class, decent player, yes, but not world class as he flopped in both Milan and Barcelona while rumour has it that he got much playing time for France becos of his great friend Zz

Dj , I didn't expect anything less from you to be honest:D

Another person struggling for form but it might just pick up second half of the season is Montella

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i am very surprised everyone missed the one person this thread was made for....

michael owen,then:teenage prodigy,rising star,next big thing,target of the biggest clubs in the whole of europe.

michael owen, now:inconsistent,one time-wonder,erratic striker who scores more with his female fans than with his boots:down:

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    i am very surprised everyone missed the one person this thread was made for....

michael owen,then:teenage prodigy,rising star,next big thing,target of the biggest clubs in the whole of europe.

michael owen, now:inconsistent,one time-wonder,erratic striker who scores more with his female fans than with his boots:down:
    Score with the girls? thats a new one on me:confused: the only thing I know is that he got his g/f pregnant, don't know if something else has happened. I do not necessarily agree he has lost form as i have never really rated him that highly in the first place, his pace has certainly helped his career but he is a confident young man who should come good, even if I do believe his form has not totally deserted him, a more tragic case imo is a more talented player whose career really should be greater than it is right now as injuries and attitude has let this person down, speaking of one of my fave players in England, Robbie Fowler

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

Oded, I am not sure Dugarry was ever world class, decent player, yes, but not world class as he flopped in both Milan and Barcelona while rumour has it that he got much playing time for France becos of his great friend Zz
    yes, you have a point. but hey, you can say the same thing about Farinos and maybe even Gerard Lopez

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++

yes, you have a point. but hey, you can say the same thing about Farinos and maybe even Gerard Lopez
    Farinos maybe but Gerard Lopez seemed destined to be the next spanish superstar but we are still waiting , actually until this season Claudio Lopez had suffered a tremendous loss of form as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)