what happend to juve?are we getting predictable ? (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well nobody can deny that the team this year is getting results , however they werent very convincing especially in recent weeks. performances against inter,lazio,bologna, and now milan.
i think this slump is becuz of a couple of factors
is it becuz we are a team that is getting predictable tactically ?
many ppl think that many teams are getting the best of juve becuz the key players are not providing their top games.i mean neddy,alex, camo,zambro. these players are the key to the success of capello's tactics, and in recent matches they didnt perform up to their limit in any match, they had good games but not great ones , especially in the milan game, which they didnt have any excuse not to perform well.

other ppl think that juve is not getting good performances is due to the missed chances that we get. i mean juve 's plans doesnt give a lot of chances agaainst these teams, and from now on we wont get many chances to score, and our players miss alot of chances. remember if u get the best of ur chances early then the other team will panic and will open up their back line. so ppl think that zlatan,alex are not getting the best of their chances.

other ppl think the slump is just becuz the players are tired.

what do u think ?
i just want to note that am very satisfied with the team right now, and with the results, but any time soon now results will be determined by the better performance on the field.

forzaaa juvee

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
There's no depth to last us 38 games in the Serie A. In addition to which we're in contention for what we want more than anything: the Champions League.

Another defender and creative midfielder are needed for sure. While Trez's return should give the attack better shape than it is in now.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's only natural to suffer a dip in form at some point in time, but yes, we are predictable, in attack anyways. There's only so much Camoranesi, Nedved, and the forwards can do and when we play a good attacking team like Milan, the four midfielders are forced to defend and the gap between midfield and attack gets larger. Playing with two DMs means that when we're under pressure both of those players will drop back and there's no link between our middle third and our attacking third. Appiah would be a better option than Blasi to start with simply because he's better going forward, but he still doesn't rock my socks. If we're not going to get a playmaker, we at least need a central midfielder who knows how to distribute the ball well and offers creativity. Maresca could play that role very well as far as I'm concerned but thanks to our management one of the brightest midfield prospects in the peninsula is plying his trade in Florence.

OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    yeah exactly maresca would've been great right about now, but yet again there is one problem with the emerson-maresca partneship he is not a very good defensive midfielder, i think the key to the success of capello's plan are neddy and camo if they do their jobs right then we can beat any team

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Maresca would give us that extra creativity and smooth passes though ;) and that is someting we lack atm..

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
    before zidan was оur "geniоus" in midfiled,when the match goes on bad he will make something brilliant to rescue the game.at now we need really a magic ,a man to take the things in his hands,a real leader.i think meghni can resolve the team problems.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
    are you crazy maresca is perfect for juve's future plans.
    maresca is good, but defensively hes not like appiah or emerson, unless Capello finds him a good position in the formation, he's no good...

mikko

Dec 9, 2004
    Emerson is perhaps greatest defensively midfield player in Serie A. But he would be even better if he got more aggressive player next to him. If Juve get Janku from Udinese in January: Janku - Nedved - Emerson - Camo. That would be great. Then Pavel would play centrel midfield. The main idea: then we have player in the middle of the field who can be creative, run with ball and shoot goals.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
    well nobody can deny that the team this year is getting results , however they werent very convincing especially in recent weeks. performances against inter,lazio,bologna, and now milan
    what do u think ?
    As they say in The Miracle of Castel di Sangro, "La stagione è lunga e duro" -- the season is long and hard. (Where's Beavis & Butthead when you need them?) Similarly for Milan, for every festa dei gol like their 6-0 trashing of Fiorentina, there are going to be stretches where Berlusconi can't even bribe his way to a goal by someone other than Sheva.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    the main problem of juve this season that we can only play with one tactic and formation , 4-4-2 flat ,, we can not change it because it's balanced any change will harm that balance for example if we conceded 2 goals in the first half we will continue with the same formation and tactic we can't change that every team in the world known this already so i expect more troubles on the next term

our players were playing without rotation system since august giving that we were involved in CL qualifiers , the only position was centre midfield that was shared by blasi and appiah

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    as swag says ..its a point where we dip in form... all we could say is we achieved our frist half of the season target splendidly..we actually should be happy about that...

the season is long and hard..its better to spring early on, keep a mediate pace in the middle and then go all out in the end...

Alex

May 1, 2004
    1 question:
    we have 11 or so defenders but only 4 or 5 ever play. why? seems to me that our bench is crowded with crap

imo either olivera and kapo are to be used more often or we invest in a new attackinhg mid

Mar 8, 2004
    it is high time we get someone like janku in place of alex, who seem to ro regain his form this season. we can not afford to gamble him any more. we need someone who can hold the ball and pass it around when needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)