What do you think you bring to the Forums? (1 Viewer)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Thank goodness. :D That could have been nasty...for them:D
Normally Celtic fans behave pretty well away from home. I'm sure there are incidents, but they don't organise away day bashes...or do they? Who knows something I don't?:eek:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Ah...now I see what your on about.
Well, there was the grand total of six arests at the Old Firm Derby. Two inside the stadium, four outside....mostly for being too drunk.

I guess some fighting does go on, but it's mostly away from the stadiums and isn't as bad as it was in the seventies...I can vouch for that. It appears to be nothing like what happens in other countries with street battles and cars being over turned and burnt out....all small scale and local.

Didn't realise it was the Scots who started football violence...does Zambrotta mean the England v Scotland games at Wembley?
How did we get to this? :D

Hooliganism started in the 70's or 60's during old firm games when protestants and catholics faught.
The casual culture is said to have started in Glasgow too.

During the Celtic-Rangers game last week the camera went over the crowd and I don't know if it was just bad luck but on that part of the arena it was a big number of hooligans...

Now what do I bring to the forum. Good question, not much these days. Back inthe days I used to defend Zambrotta which isn't necessary anymore. :D

Sep 28, 2002
no worries mate. you started a thread about hooliganism and i killed it with my new identity, now lets make this thread about hooligans. really, i dont know the history of it, it would be interesting to know. also this could be a possibility for gandalf to come and promote jis idea about renaming threads.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
no worries mate. you started a thread about hooliganism and i killed it with my new identity, now lets make this thread about hooligans. really, i dont know the history of it, it would be interesting to know. also this could be a possibility for gandalf to come and promote jis idea about renaming threads.
You mean the one about the mascot fight? :howler:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Ok to stay on topic. ;)
There's a new movie about hooliganism which will be up on theaters this spring called Football factory which is based on a book by a chelsea fan.
Here is a workprint which you can download from most dc servers:

Football.Factory.READNFO.2004.WORKPRINT.SVCD-ToF

A movie about Cardiffs soul crew and Millwalls ICF is being filmed too.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
I remember a good mascot fight in England. It involved City Cat fighting Wolfie and the three piggies. It was great. I think City Cat is from Manchester City, and Wolfie was from Wolverhampton. It was a few years ago, when both were in a lower division.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Yes, but it turned uglier. When the fight started, there were sides, but when it finished all five were fighting each other. One of the pigs ended up kicking everybody's ass.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

Hooliganism started in the 70's or 60's during old firm games when protestants and catholics faught.
The casual culture is said to have started in Glasgow too.
Did it? :confused:First I knew about it...Celtic and Rangers fans have been fighting each other since before the first world war. And I don't think we can claim casuals either...too poor...we couldn't afford casual clothes:D

During the Celtic-Rangers game last week the camera went over the crowd and I don't know if it was just bad luck but on that part of the arena it was a big number of hooligans...
Don't confuse being ugly to being a hooligan...we all look kinda tough and mean, even the nice guys like me:dontcare::howler::howler:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Don't confuse being ugly to being a hooligan...we all look kinda tough and mean, even the nice guys like me:dontcare::howler::howler:
:D

Actually I was just looking at the caps and there was a lot of burberry and aquascutum there. :)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
There all fakes:dontcare:...we are the fake capital of Britain...DVD's, CD's, Computer games, re-chipping phones, designer clothes...we do it all local

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)