What do you think of Rijkaard?? (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Don Bes said:
erik it intersting the ij sound

as an albanian i have no issues with saying feij + eneoord
Oh? How's that? I know as good as nothing of the Albanian language, doesn't help that it's in a separate lingual family on its own :D

Jul 23, 2006
sateeh said:
:agree: Managers like Ancelotti and Rykaard have actually grown,especially tactically. First two seasons for Rykaard u could read him like an open book.But last season, u could see the improvements in regards to tactics.Same goes to Ancelloti(shame he had to grow here in Juve and fail to win anything:( )

but for me, one of few people here who give Capello credit. I dont think he would fail. Since he took over Madrid i predicted he would have a hard time and he will continue to, but that Barca team is different(They would hate him like hell for the style of play, but they would win)
same here

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Tactically Rijkaard was very naive in Euro 2000. He was thoroughly out-manouvred by Dino Zoff.

However, it is clear that he has grown leaps and bounds since then. And one may not recognize it but Rijakaard has obviously taken a tip from Capello and his great Milan team. I really like his idea of playing a tactically aware distroyer just in front of defence, and he is certainly not as naive as past Real Mardrid in that you can't have 4-5 artisans walking around the midfield. For me Edmilson, and to lesser extent Motta, are unheralded cog in the Barca's success, and their contribution is vital as Etoo in making Barca undoubtedly the best team in Europe.

I am also great admirer of his man-management skills and ability to get the best out of his players, which Capello does not always excel at. I really do think players needs manager's trust, leeway, and flexibility if they are to show their true potential. Especially the good ones. After all Piccaso didnt become a great artist by writing a standard art.

Nonetheless, you have to say his current success are laregly down the calibre of players that he possess. The difference with Chelsea? Chelsea's attackers doesnt quite have the movement, technical ability, and creativity of Barca's. Those are things you can't teach or improve by tactical adjustments.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I dont have any special opinion about him.

Personaly, I think he isnt much of a Coach rather than he´s got an excellent team, he just found the right tactics.

The same thing was with Holland NT when he coached them.

Jan 7, 2004
Erik-with-a-k said:
Oh? How's that? I know as good as nothing of the Albanian language, doesn't help that it's in a separate lingual family on its own :D

late response.

which is exactly why its funny. the way english people would pronouce Fey in albanian would have to be written Feij ( i guess if you wanna be technical the ij sound would be replaced by just a j)

Jan 7, 2004
mark83 said:
I dont have any special opinion about him.

Personaly, I think he isnt much of a Coach rather than he´s got an excellent team, he just found the right tactics.

The same thing was with Holland NT when he coached them.

isnt that what a coach is suppossed to do ? and he did it. twice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)