What are your top 10 best footballers? (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
1. Fabian O'Neil
2. Salvatore Fresi
3. Sunday Oliseh
4. Robert Jarni
5. Davide Baiocco
6. Michele Paramatti
7. Marcelo Salas
8. Jocelyn Blanchard
9. Edwin Van der Sar
10. Tomas Guzman
Ahh, Jocelyn Blanchard. Great name.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Débora_BR ] ++

I said a lot of reasson to pick Pelé, but you never gave to me any reasson to not do that... :rolleyes:
Where did you say any solid reasons that i should have picked pele... You havent given a single real reason... its all pointless jottings that are no more than opinion... not genuine strong reasons...

Who is the one questioning whose choices here ??
Did i say it was wrong to pick pele ? No i jus didnt pick him myself... You are the one doing all the questioning, not me

BTW, despite the position of Zico, he always scored a lot of Goals. He scorer with Flamengo more than 500 goals... :cool:
Why do you keep saying this stuff in this manor as if no one knows it...

Looking at your profile... Your 18, Im pretty sure theres very little you can tell me about pele or zico that most older people dont know after years of reading and seeing these players....

You wanna tell me something worthwhile ??

Well tell me about your experiences watching Zico live in the stadium.... Oh no... Of course you cant do that can you

Ive seen zico at close quarters on many occasions and he is amongst my favourite... not too mention most inspirational players of all time...

For all youve read about him... you cant tell me what its like to watch him week in week out... You have no idea what so ever what its like to be in a stadium blessed by his presence....

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
-I don't like Pele AT ALL.
-I haven't seen many matches of him.
-but I watched his first world cup matches when he was only 17,and he was(without a doubt)AMAZING.
-most of the ppl are saying that he is the best footballer ever.for sure it's not a reason but it's not a joke too.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
-I don't like Pele AT ALL.
-I haven't seen many matches of him.
-but I watched his first world cup matches when he was only 17,and he was(without a doubt)AMAZING.
I never said he wasnt a top player... i never even said he wasnt a great player... All ive said is he is not in MY CHOICE of the top 10 of all time....

Everyone has their different views on what attributes etc a player needs to be in their eyes great....

For me , pele doesnt fit in that list....

-most of the ppl are saying that he is the best footballer ever.for sure it's not a reason but it's not a joke too.
To me the idea of because people say it , its true, is an enormous joke...
I make my own choices based on my own experiences....

Why is it such a big deal that i havent picked pele.....

I havent piccked a gk either... But no one questions that....

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Rigoni was a class act, one of our brightest hopes whose career was destroyed by injury... Unfair judgements to say the least
Injury and Juve's policy of loaning young players to Serie B so they get lost in space... :groan:

Débora_BR

Apr 9, 2004
Just beacuse i never saw Zico in Maracana doesnt mean i dont know how talented he was.

I onyl asked why you didnt pick Pelé. Is it forbidden ?

You said i cant compare the number of goals of Pelé and Zico, and they played almost in the same position. The number of the goals, show who is the best.

And what is "real reasson" for you?

Goals, trophies, world cups, are not solid reasson?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Rigoni was a class act, one of our brightest hopes whose career was destroyed by injury... Unfair judgements to say the least
Bullshit. I never criticized a single player on that list. I never call one of them a crap player. Check the post, it was about players that "Failed to impress during their short Juventus careers".

Salas was a fine player, robbed by injury. Van der Sar is still a fine player, but had a rough patch that coincided with his Serie A stint. Rigoni played about 10 matches, and Guzman only played 1, so that is why I meant to include Rigoni. He was a bright prospect, but in the end it never materialized. Too many folks were starting to sound like I was being critical, which I never was.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
And another thing, Paramatti was never half as bad as people on this forum made out. HE FAILED TO IMPRESS, but very few goals were scored against us when Para was on the field, and he always managed to get forward and cause concern for opponents' defenses.

Jan 7, 2004
i actually remeber once when we conceeded a corner and paramatti tried to stop the ball from the corner but just ended up setting up a guy from the other team for a goal.

pado, they dont give the paramatti award every year at juve's worst player without reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)