What are your fear and fobias? *Scary* (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
OK, this is a spinoff thread from the eery story one

What things really scare you or freak you out, like heights, or insects, spiders, etc.

I myself am not scared of anything as long as I can do something about it, as long as I can help myself. However, the thing that really freaks me out is being helpless, not being able to do anything. That is scary.

Also, I dont like small spaces (I mean really small, like a 1x1 elevator), and small heights, like maybe over 2 meters, like clmbing on a ladder. That really freaks me out, altho I'm not afraid of bigger heights, nor am I afraid of lying.

So, how about you sissys, what are your fears? ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
i'm afraid of heights too, and i reaaaally hate spiders, even small ones. I'd rather catch a huge bullant than a tiny house spider. I also used to get really scared of ghosts and stuff, because all my family friends are older than me, and my young mind was corrupted with freaky thoughts.

Dude it's about time u changed ur location...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Jus t like gray, my phobias are heights and spiders (can't stand those hairy 8 legged freaks). I never encoutnered a real live one but once I saw them on display at a fair and I was totally freaked even though they were inside a glass.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Oh come on Glenn, there have to be some spiders in your house, at least the small domestic ones. The worst thing is sometimes they fall from the ceeling on you when you sleep, thats why I sleep with my mouth closed. Also, I've heard of time when they lay eggs in food :scared:

*tries to make Glenn panic like a pußy* :D

@gray: Nah

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Jus t like gray, my phobias are heights and spiders (can't stand those hairy 8 legged freaks). I never encoutnered a real live one but once I saw them on display at a fair and I was totally freaked even though they were inside a glass.
    :wth: u've never seen one? Maybe it's an Australian thing, but i was under the impression that any one of about 20 species of spiders could appear in your house at any time. I realllly hate spiders...all those legs! I can catch lizards, crabs, even cockroaches...but when i have to catch even a small spider, i get the bug spray and use the whole can, then use a box of tissues to pick it up. I HATE that feeling when u accidentally grab it too hard and it gets squashed between ur fingers (even if it's in the tissue) YUUUUCK :yuck:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    I hate patterns in natural things. It's very difficult to explain. When I see a pile of papaya seeds I get the creeps. I hate those square-like patterns on croc or snake skins. I'm not afraid of the animals but I can't stand watching them too close that I can see the skin patterns.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++
    I hate patterns in natural things. It's very difficult to explain. When I see a pile of papaya seeds I get the creeps. I hate those square-like patterns on croc or snake skins. I'm not afraid of the animals but I can't stand watching them too close that I can see the skin patterns.
    Wow :eek: that's really interesting and unique! :D

How about like tongues, veins, wrinkles?

btw dude, i correct people's english like 1 in a million times, but it's "phobias" ;)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Wow :eek: that's really interesting and unique! :D

How about like tongues, veins, wrinkles?
    Tongues? I work with tongues man! They're Ok.

:D:D

btw dude, i correct people's english like 1 in a million times, but it's "phobias" ;)
    Just to clarify that the mis-spelt word has got nothing to do with me. :LOL:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm afraid of tigers

but i seriously dont get why people get afraid of spiders and insects..:confused: wtf, just step on them

and what's with the heights, whats so scary? ;)

but im afraid of tigers

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++

Tongues? I work with tongues man! They're Ok.
    Exactly ;) That's why i asked... since ure a speech therapist, it's no good if u don't like the taste bud formations on tongues ;)

Just to clarify that the mis-spelt word has got nothing to do with me. :LOL:
    Oh hehe sorry man, i couldn't be bothered writing @Z

++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    You correct me every time :groan:
    Dude, I said

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    ;)

seriously though, the reason i don't correct other people is because it's understandable that their english isn't so strong, because they're from non-english speaking countries... but u've shown that u're eloquent and fluent enough in english to not be offended by my corrections.

So in a way, it's a compliment when i correct you ;)

[/TWISTINGWORDSINAWAYTHATMAKESITALLSOUNDOKAY]

++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
    I'm afraid of tigers

but i seriously dont get why people get afraid of spiders and insects..:confused: wtf, just step on them
    Because I see spiders almost every day, and i can't exactly step on them and just leave a pile of spider flesh on my carpet.

The only place i've seen a tiger is at the zoo..

++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++and what's with the heights, whats so scary? ;)
    Umm because falling from heights kills you and stuff...:rolleyes:

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Im afraid of heights. I have done sky diving couple of times but looking down from a sky scraper freaks me out.

Im not afraid of anything else.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    So Gray, you diss me because you care? ;)

And DJ, really, how many tigers are there in Malasiya? What, do they run around or the streets, feature on Oprah??? Dude, you should really talk to Dr. Phil :p

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    And DJ, really, how many tigers are there in Malasiya? What, do they run around or the streets, feature on Oprah??? Dude, you should really talk to Dr. Phil :p
    Dr. Phil? i've spoken with a Dr. Ruth and i think she just made things worse

It's not that i see tigers everywhere, just a phobia of it popping outta nowhere and clobbering me..normally when at night

yeah i know it's stupid, but so is being scared of spiders and insects IMO :)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    No, not really, because you can find spiders and insects in your house and everywhere you go, while that isnt exactly the case with tigers. I mean, how often does it happen that you open the bathroom door and say "WTF, look at that tiger on the wall"??? :wth:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    So Gray, you diss me because you care? ;)
    I'd like to say so, but no... i diss u because i respect your standard of english enough to know that u'll take it as helpful, not bagging u out ;)

No, not really, because you can find spiders and insects in your house and everywhere you go, while that isnt exactly the case with tigers. I mean, how often does it happen that you open the bathroom door and say "WTF, look at that tiger on the wall"??? :wth:
    :LOL: couldn't have put it better myself :D

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    i am sooooo afarid of spiders..... :scared:

sooo soooo sooooo scared.....

and i am also afriad of pain.
    i hate anything that will cause pain to my body.
    that's why i had ears peircing 6 months ago......

and finally,
    just because i am sooo afraid of not getting hurt from anyone,
    i haven't fell in love 2 years now....

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    u've never seen one? Maybe it's an Australian thing, but i was under the impression that any one of about 20 species of spiders could appear in your house at any time.
    Here in Malta there are no 'big' spiders, just teh small house ones...maybe in the fields there might be those that live under earth but nothing else.

and finally,
    Better to have loved than not having loved ever ;)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

and finally,
    you're 16 and you havent fall in love in 2 years?
    haha :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)