What are you proud of?! (9 Viewers)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Ill shorten the story, But Im really really proud of this deed.

Off the play footy>Walikng down street with brother>Fat ginger stray cat> One of its front paw was mashed up> Hopping on 3 legs, 4th leg totally bent>Meow....Meow>Just the 3 of us looking at one another> Felt Guilty didnt want to leave cat or more like it wouldnt leave us> My brother rings bell of the house where the cat leads us> I stay on the footpath> Brother conversates with them>Tells me that he just witnessed the sickest shit ever> Fat ugly women with hairy legs> No help from them> We link up with the boys down the street> tell them about the cat> Nspc?rspca whatever it is , get number of some kids> give them a call> see the cat a few weeks later on the street but with 3 arms looking well though. The end:cool:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I'm proud of the fact that I went from being a very average chess player in my first year in secondary school (admittedly in a group of players who went on to win a national U16s title for the school) to winning the provincial U19s championship, seven years later. Persistance and determination pay off.

OP
Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #92
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    I'm proud of the fact that I went from being a very average chess player in my first year in secondary school (admittedly in a group of players who went on to win a national U16s title for the school) to winning the provincial U19s championship, seven years later. Persistance and determination pay off.
    :thumb: :cool:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
    Ill shorten the story, But Im really really proud of this deed.

Off the play footy>Walikng down street with brother>Fat ginger stray cat> One of its front paw was mashed up> Hopping on 3 legs, 4th leg totally bent>Meow....Meow>Just the 3 of us looking at one another> Felt Guilty didnt want to leave cat or more like it wouldnt leave us> My brother rings bell of the house where the cat leads us> I stay on the footpath> Brother conversates with them>Tells me that he just witnessed the sickest shit ever> Fat ugly women with hairy legs> No help from them> We link up with the boys down the street> tell them about the cat> Nspc?rspca whatever it is , get number of some kids> give them a call> see the cat a few weeks later on the street but with 3 arms looking well though. The end:cool:
    Just lovely! :angel:

Aug 1, 2003
    bloody excellent mcpiero.

I think chess determines the 'clever ones'. like piano. people I know who are creative, clever and intelligent all are either good in chess or great in playing the piano.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    Just lovely!
    Thanks! Ive got a pet cat, so It just felt like the right thing to do. Very strange hood though. The kids who helped us out knew the owner who lived on the street they ringed the housebell and phoned them with no answer. The cat had been injured and neglected for some time it seemed.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    bloody excellent mcpiero.

I think chess determines the 'clever ones'. like piano. people I know who are creative, clever and intelligent all are either good in chess or great in playing the piano.
    Gotta be true

I play Piano ;) :D

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++

Thanks! Ive got a pet cat, so It just felt like the right thing to do. Very strange hood though. The kids who helped us out knew the owner who lived on the street they ringed the housebell and phoned them with no answer. The cat had been injured and neglected for some time it seemed.
    I hate to see animals in distress. Sometimes when I watch a movie or something I'd cry if I see an animal get killed/tortured, but I might feel fine watch a child dies in the movie.

Call me cold blooded.

BTW, back to topic:

Something I'm proud of: I finished my degree overseas under full scholarship, then I completed my master degree while working full time. Quite amazing now I think of it....:cool:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    What have you got a masters in?

And what kind of sick movies show animals getting tortured :D
    1. Master of Art (Linguistics)

2. Doesn't really need to be torture. Maybe seeing a guy ignoring his pet...or animals getting ill or injured....under-nourished...abandoned...I think you get my idea.

:cheesy:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Meow:
    speaking about animals: I hate to see eg horses in movies, or other animals, when they are use in fight scenes.
    They always write: no animal was hurt in this movie, and I know that half of them is fake (you know, plastic or metal ones) but I still cant watch that, cause I know, that there are living animals.

I'm proud of myself that after having some long-lasting troubles I managed to be back on my study and be back to my normal life.
    Sounds light, but that was a big achievement for me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)