What Are You Drinking Right Now? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #122
    both xx and corona are both brewed and bottled in the united states
    "Corona (labeled Corona Extra) is a brand of pale lager owned and produced by Cerveceria Modelo in Mexico. It is the top-selling beer in Mexico and is one of the top selling beers worldwide.[2] Corona beer is available in over 150 countries.[3] All Corona beer is produced in Mexico."

"Dos Equis is a pale lager that was originally brewed by the German brewer Wilhelm Hasse in 1897. The brand was named "Siglo XX" ("20th century") to commemorate the arrival of the new century, and the bottles were marked with the Roman numerals "XX", or "Dos Equis" (two Xs).
    The main brand Dos Equis XX Special Lager is a 4.45% abv pale lager sold in green bottles.[3] Dos Equis XX Amber is a 4.7% Vienna-style amber lager sold in brown bottles,[4] and was first exported to the United States in 1973.[5]"

Wikipedia

Gatorade.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    ßüякε;2006175 said:
    "Corona (labeled Corona Extra) is a brand of pale lager owned and produced by Cerveceria Modelo in Mexico. It is the top-selling beer in Mexico and is one of the top selling beers worldwide.[2] Corona beer is available in over 150 countries.[3] All Corona beer is produced in Mexico."

"Dos Equis is a pale lager that was originally brewed by the German brewer Wilhelm Hasse in 1897. The brand was named "Siglo XX" ("20th century") to commemorate the arrival of the new century, and the bottles were marked with the Roman numerals "XX", or "Dos Equis" (two Xs).
    The main brand Dos Equis XX Special Lager is a 4.45% abv pale lager sold in green bottles.[3] Dos Equis XX Amber is a 4.7% Vienna-style amber lager sold in brown bottles,[4] and was first exported to the United States in 1973.[5]"

Wikipedia
    You missed the part where Wiki says that some don't consider Corona to be a true Mexican beer because it is processed and bottled in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_(beer)

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    my point exactly
    Some of it is still brewed in Mexico, but it seems that the company is brewing more of the Modelo beers at home and more Corona in the US. Probably has something to do with export efficiency.

Mikey was correct about the Dos Equis. Which reminds me, I haven't had a top salted Tecate in a long time. Nothing beat that on a summer day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)