JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Anyone a boss on Outlook? Have this issue where I accidentally close it while using stupid work PC.

Would be nice if instead of closing first time, when I accidentally click the X, it would prompt me asking if I'm sure I want to close?
That would be far too obvious for Microsoft to have a close prompt, wouldn't it? Of course they don't.

You might find a tool that someone has made to do this, but personally I don't trust a lot of these in terms of security.

Only thing I can think of is that when you boot up you create a new message with some random text in the email address and body, that way if you accidentally close you'll get a prompt to save or not. But you'd have to do this every day...

Actually, just found this on the same principal: http://sjcblogs.sanjac.edu/its/2016/03/28/prevent-outlook-from-closing-accidentally/

Set a message for future delivery and it might work better.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Anyone a boss on Outlook? Have this issue where I accidentally close it while using stupid work PC.

Would be nice if instead of closing first time, when I accidentally click the X, it would prompt me asking if I'm sure I want to close?
besides the workaround jay mentioned, there's a commercial software for that:
http://www.vboffice.net/en/products/olkeeper/

30-day trial is avaliable. pretty expensive for what it does tho

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Only thing I can think of is that when you boot up you create a new message with some random text in the email address and body, that way if you accidentally close you'll get a prompt to save or not. But you'd have to do this every day...
Have been doing this today and it's perfect. Thanks you've helped me out more than you could possibly know.
Pro tip: The web version is 100x more powerful than the desktop app
Well I do want the hoes at work to see me as powerful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 593)