Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hi everyone. I was offline long time, had a nose surgery with complications and before stress at work, but now I‘m back.

To clarify what happened:

After campeign for @Dostoevsky ended in June I sent him all the money we’ve collected via paypal.
Unfortunately I never got the money from indiegogo. So I contacted them end of July, and after some E-Mails those fuckers canceled the campeign in the middle of august, because they say it wans‘t allowed to collect money for oneself. This means, they said it could have been a person who collected money for himself. I tried to make clear this wasn‘t the case, but they didn‘t believe me. I think at least we should have make something like an offer that his book can be preordered or something like that.
So in the end every backer got his money back, me included, and they closed the case. Unfortunately no room for díscussions anymore.

So the situation is that Dusan has recieved the amount we‘ve collected (via my paypal), but I paid the whole amount by myself, because I never got the collected money from indiegogo (the money all of you got back from them).

I planed to write all of you a personal E-Mail about this (i have a list with all the backers and their e-mail-adress), but I had fucking stress before my nose surgery and now that I‘m almost recovered, I will care about this.

For me it‘s absolutely clear, Dusan will keep the money of course.
I probably fucked it up somehow, because the campeign wasn‘t totally waterproof, so it‘s my fault.

I can write you all an E-Mail now and if you want to back again the amount you once spent (and got refunded) to me again, I‘d be very thankful. If not, I‘d understand that and bear the costs.

Thanks and sorry for the delayed answer!
Hey!

Damn, that' so fucked up. But yeah, I understand why it happened. That's a total mess. Sorry to hear about the surgery, I hope everything is fine on your end. As for cash, yeah, I wanna let everyone it went fine and I received it all from Wittle who was a boss and made everything so easy. I also hope you got your money back from others :D I'll gladly help if you didn't but man, please understand me as well, you might have to wait for that LOL.

As for the others who mentioned me and I didn't reply: It's like I'm a cave person. I literally had no TV and Internet over the past 13 days due to my ISP being totally retarded. I just fixed it like 30 minutes ago and here I am.

As for the book... the progress is huge. I phoned the publishing house this morning and I received final details from their end. I got the book size which I'm supposed to forward to this women who's supposed to finish the book in Indesign. I also found some guy who'd draw the illustration and he's yet to let me know if it's possible or not. I'm in a huge rush, if that falls off, I will most likely get the other guy to do the photography because time limit right now is tiny because in a month time there's a belgrade book fair. IF I get these details finished until next Thursday my book will be out in exactly one moth time and it will be available on a book fair which is pretty much a huge deal. Worse case scenario is that I don't fit into the time limit, miss the fair, but get the book out in like month and a half. Overall, I can't even describe how happy I am. It's such a huge deal to me. Today I let my parents know, as they had no idea I write, let alone that I'm publishing a book and I pretty much left them in shock lol. The great thing about this is that I finally found something that makes me happy when it comes to "work". The sad part is that you can't live based of this, sadly. But still... it literally keeps me going forward. So I can just say one huge fucking thanks to everyone who helped push this and made this huge dream come true.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
so you can buy tiny homes on Amazon now for 10-20k

Almost makes more sense then renting around here. I wonder if i bought one and set it up on the side of a freeway maybe i could gentrify the local homeless.

Replace all the addicts in tents with techie millenials who dont wanna pay $2000 a month to rent but will pay me $100 to walk their dog.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Tiny homes = outhouses

A trailer trash motor home on smaller wheels and no motor

What you pay for is more the land than the house in the Bay Area.

And I type this as I am 10 min from landing at SFO... first time in Merica in over 16 months. What have you done to this place since I’ve been gone? :p

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Tiny homes = outhouses

A trailer trash motor home on smaller wheels and no motor

What you pay for is more the land than the house in the Bay Area.

And I type this as I am 10 min from landing at SFO... first time in Merica in over 16 months. What have you done to this place since I’ve been gone? :p
reinforce the able bodied heteronormative patriarchy every chance i get

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
so you can buy tiny homes on Amazon now for 10-20k

Almost makes more sense then renting around here. I wonder if i bought one and set it up on the side of a freeway maybe i could gentrify the local homeless.

Replace all the addicts in tents with techie millenials who dont wanna pay $2000 a month to rent but will pay me $100 to walk their dog.
What's your location?

10k for insulated or bare-bones?

I wonder if any states/cities allow you add one to your backyard and rent it out.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I’m sure you can rent sheds, not sure why homes would be different.
Looks like in my city detached ADUs are allowed only in "historic overlay districts"(guessing that's mostly downtown) and as long as they don't have wheels. :lol:

I wonder what's the price diff between adding a room to a house vs adding a tiny house and which raises value of property more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 504)