.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I just got a phone call, I didn't get the job. :sigh: Third and last interview didn't go well for some reason.

What's even worse is that I felt like I was being interviewed by amatuers. It felt awkward and they actually seemed clueless. Even at the end he stood up like it's over, then he sat and said 'unless you have something to ask us... ' and I was like wtf.

But then again, I don't wanna blame others, maybe it was just me. Meh
I've been thru my fair share of interviews as both the candidate and the interviewer. One thing I can tell you is that a poor interviewer is never good for any candidate. It's the one thing no candidate ever prepare for sadly.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I just got a phone call, I didn't get the job. :sigh: Third and last interview didn't go well for some reason.

What's even worse is that I felt like I was being interviewed by amatuers. It felt awkward and they actually seemed clueless. Even at the end he stood up like it's over, then he sat and said 'unless you have something to ask us... ' and I was like wtf.

But then again, I don't wanna blame others, maybe it was just me. Meh
What @Dru said + A LOT of interviewers are terrible interviewers. They're amateurs with no training nor understanding of what they're supposed to be doing.

Last year I interviewed with 20 different companies and more than half had no idea what they're doing.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What @Dru said + A LOT of interviewers are terrible interviewers. They're amateurs with no training nor understanding of what they're supposed to be doing.

Last year I interviewed with 20 different companies and more than half had no idea what they're doing.
I've been thru my fair share of interviews as both the candidate and the interviewer. One thing I can tell you is that a poor interviewer is never good for any candidate. It's the one thing no candidate ever prepare for sadly.
Tell me, what do you want to hear, on your end? What are your thoughts.

Many of the interviews that I had were poor, but then again, for some I wouldn't even blame myself. I were poor sometimes, yes, due to inexperience and due to a stage fright.

Still, I'll say one thing. I bet my ass that companies lose a lot of quality people due to the way they do their job. No, I'm not even talking about myself, eventhough I think I'd offer at least 1% more than the average person working for the company. Even if someone is scared doesn't mean they'd do a poor job, especially if it's a back door job, but they still bash people over nothing. To me it seems like they have an idea of Jung and his principals of psychology, so they all end up chasing "sharks", even for a stupid job, which seems pretty retarded imo. Emotional intelligence is always ignored for some reason and I can't understand why.

Worth can only be assessed at the end when all is said and done, now it's time to buckle down and go to 'war' ;) you can think of that shit when you retire
Makes sense.

Still, I don't regret going there, it was probably my anger saying that. I did learn a lot, or at least I think I did. But better experience was learning about people in general and some of the habits. But at this point when I don't have a job with my degree I just wish I didn't rip my parents wallet for it. They don't even mention it, but it crosses my mind and it kinda sucks.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. If anything, that sounded at least as much a poor reflection on the company. At best you might not have lasted very long even if you got in there, once you had to be immersed in a dysfunctional organization like that. At worst you could end up wanting to mass murder all your coworkers and end up on death row.

Consider it a lesson to take forward. There will be better places to be.

They have some flaws in their process, clearly.

You can tell you have a legitimate background in economics because you get the idea of being underemployed relative to your skills.
What's worrying is that this company looks very 'decent' and some of the best, dare I say. They are pretty much the only ones that pay extra for the night shifts, they pay for a cab to go home with, no extra hours, and wages are like 2-3 higher than an average job. Now, you can imagine the other companies we have here. Extra hours not being paid at all, night shifts is like a regular one, wages are enough to buy food and survive.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
@Dostoevsky I agree that all companies lose out on plenty of quality hires due to the incompetence of human resources and people who lack the ability to conduct an interview. What I typically want a candidate to convey to me is that they are simply qualified across a number of categories but it's easier said than done or to type honestly.

I will not say that I am a good interviewer, but I do know how to professionally conduct myself while keeping the context in mind of why I am tasked to conduct an interview with a candidate.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Tell me, what do you want to hear, on your end? What are your thoughts.

Many of the interviews that I had were poor, but then again, for some I wouldn't even blame myself. I were poor sometimes, yes, due to inexperience and due to a stage fright.

Still, I'll say one thing. I bet my ass that companies lose a lot of quality people due to the way they do their job. No, I'm not even talking about myself, eventhough I think I'd offer at least 1% more than the average person working for the company. Even if someone is scared doesn't mean they'd do a poor job, especially if it's a back door job, but they still bash people over nothing. To me it seems like they have an idea of Jung and his principals of psychology, so they all end up chasing "sharks", even for a stupid job, which seems pretty retarded imo. Emotional intelligence is always ignored for some reason and I can't understand why.

Makes sense.

Still, I don't regret going there, it was probably my anger saying that. I did learn a lot, or at least I think I did. But better experience was learning about people in general and some of the habits. But at this point when I don't have a job with my degree I just wish I didn't rip my parents wallet for it. They don't even mention it, but it crosses my mind and it kinda sucks.

What's worrying is that this company looks very 'decent' and some of the best, dare I say. They are pretty much the only ones that pay extra for the night shifts, they pay for a cab to go home with, no extra hours, and wages are like 2-3 higher than an average job. Now, you can imagine the other companies we have here. Extra hours not being paid at all, night shifts is like a regular one, wages are enough to buy food and survive.
If not charge you for all the merchandise your manager is stealing from the company.

@Dostoevsky I agree that all companies lose out on plenty of quality hires due to the incompetence of human resources and people who lack the ability to conduct an interview. What I typically want a candidate to convey to me is that they are simply qualified across a number of categories but it's easier said than done or to type honestly.

I will not say that I am a good interviewer, but I do know how to professionally conduct myself while keeping the context in mind of why I am tasked to conduct an interview with a candidate.
Interviews are pretty flawed. Google often says they're pretty worthless compared to things like references, etc. That said, there are good ways of doing them and there are bad ways. If you don't even take the process seriously, you're just flipping a coin at that point.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I once had to drive 4 hours to do a satelite interview with 6 other people. It was a cluster fuck but i did pretty good. People were interrupting each other and i could never tell who was talking. Then they offered me less than half the advertised pay to take the job on the spot. Then i left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
i just love those tests they do to basically filter out the most stupid applicants.

best one i've heard so far was: what is 3 percent of 100€

WTF :lol: are you serious? makes you wanna stand up and walk away.

Aug 1, 2003
I am getting married in six days. Nervous AF. not about the wedding but about the marriage. no doubts about the man but damn there's no exit strategy ya know ? this is it.

I have a confession I have not watched a single Juve match in full since the loss to Bayern. I don't know why but that match cut so deep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 324)