swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've always liked bianconero, even if he hasn't been a member favorite. :D

OK, I've been in media silence over the two CL matches today. I am going to watch one of them later after work tonight with my neighbor. So without giving away any spoilers (please!), is there one or the other of the two matches that we should watch as so-called "neutrals"?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If I were able to work until 75 I would work until 75.
I think I know what you mean, as I know some people who think like that. Although, it's always related to those who love their job, no? IMO majority of people don't like what they do and consider themselves slaves who work for others the whole life.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is a difference given you the choice, and forcing it on you. Many low income workers already have it hard being able to keep working into their 60s, and waiting for pittance pension that barely cover their rents, to think the idea of making it 75 as a general age is baffling. Would likely make the down trodden even more down trodden.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
There is a difference given you the choice, and forcing it on you. Many low income workers already have it hard being able to keep working into their 60s, and waiting for pittance pension that barely cover their rents, to think the idea of making it 75 as a general age is baffling. Would likely make the down trodden even more down trodden.
Yeah, for sure. I think majority of people (maybe even 95%) would find that a horrible idea. Most either don't like (hate) their job or they just struggle because it's hard and paid close to nothing (when you add expenses). So, to some it probably only looks like a torture.

Seeing how world 'develops' I'd say in 20-30 years there won't be pension at all, unless you put money in a pension fond and expect something in the future (which is yet again a big question mark, knowing the economic situation and how everything can and will blow up, probably with all the money in it).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, for sure. I think majority of people (maybe even 95%) would find that a horrible idea. Most either don't like (hate) their job or they just struggle because it's hard and paid close to nothing (when you add expenses). So, to some it probably only looks like a torture.

Seeing how world 'develops' I'd say in 20-30 years there won't be pension at all, unless you put money in a pension fond and expect something in the future (which is yet again a big question mark, knowing the economic situation and how everything can and will blow up, probably with all the money in it).
The fact that anybody at all can entertain the idea that automatically at a certain age you can quit work and get paid anyway is a complete first world problem.

And I'm way closer to that age than you guys are. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1414)