Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Money can't buy happines, but it sure can buy guitars, for me that's enough of a reason to want it. And once you have a guitar you're happy. So maybe money can buy happiness... Or just guitars?

Even though money is not the main thing for happiness, you have to have some in todays world to be able to achieve happiness. No woman will want to hang out with a bum in a bum carton box as a house.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's all about standard of living. If you don't have what your peers do, you won't be happy. Just because the boy in the striped pajamas didn't know what was going on, it doesn't mean the rest of the people were happy. No offense nzoric, but you were too young to know the value of money.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Having a happy day is not what we're talking about. I lived in a village with a refugee camp and spend time playing there, first with Balkans and then Iranians. As much as they were happy not living in a war zone, they weren't really happy.
I'm going to get called a hipster now, but:

"I'm happy" is the biggest crock of shit. It's something we've forced into our heads in the west; it's not a constant, unchanging state of affairs. Our life is alot easier ever since we moved out of the refugee camp, but is it really happier? I wouldn't say so. Have you ever sat in when your Balkan friends parents get together with their friends from the refugee camp? The majority of the happy stories they have to share is about how they got to know one another, what that guy said, the joke the other guy made etc. That's my experience and I'm fairly certain it goes around in general - with some fluctuations of course.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all about standard of living. If you don't have what your peers do, you won't be happy. Just because the boy in the striped pajamas didn't know what was going on, it doesn't mean the rest of the people were happy. No offense nzoric, but you were too young to know the value of money.
I wouldn't say so. My parents concept of money hasn't changed one bit since they got in the refugee camp and we've always made the most with what we have, never being unhappy because my sister and I couldn't keep up with our peers when it came to the things we were enable to do.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Happiness is a deep subject and can't be described easily. It's often mixed with joy. It goes down to whether or not you have a good day or not and it's usually prefrontal cortex that tells us how we stand. If our frontal part of the brain is more directed to the right it can mean clinical depression, if it goes to the left side then it's good, good days. Good days, brain refuses to accept anything bad standing in our way. Joy is usually mixed up with happiness and stands more of a short-term station. It's usually the small things that keep people happy and it really has nothing to do with money. People are different and think differently, some people won't even interact with the lower class, which is rather idiotic. You won't go out that often and have 'fun' but most of the time it's you who will have more happiness in your life cause you can appreciate little things better. But missing money does mean missing lots of things. Alcohol has nothing to do with happiness, it's literally a drink that brings fog over your brain, you're overflowed with emotions and say lots of stupid shit.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's often mixed with joy. It goes down to whether or not you have a good day or not and it's usually prefrontal cortex that tells us how we stand. If our frontal part of the brain is more directed to the right it can mean clinical depression, if it goes to the left side then it's good, good days.
:shifty: So you've been studying brain chemistry in the same class as linebreak clearly...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 786)