Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Good. Studying for a college entrance exam I got on Monday.
Good luck :)

Juve_fanatic said:
Ahhh, its summer here and it is sunny and 32 degrees outside :D But, things turned out that way today so i didnt go to the beach and im really bummed....
It's still really hot here, but just raining. I am jealous of everyone else's nicer climates :)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Buy that book, read it. It's the best text on IR as whole. IR is so varied, my advice would only be barely contained bias towards Neoclassical Realism because it's the best approach to IR and every other approach can suck its dick :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
International Relations> PolySci

PolySci is for people who have no idea how the world works, death to the social scientists!
I sense some bias here. :D

When I was a grad student at Berkeley (long, long ago), I was once housemates with a PhD of PoliSci who studied revolutions. He and I headed out to the nearby People's Park demonstrations (linked, because the issue takes a bit to explain). Demonstrations suddenly turned to riots that evening, and we were caught in the middle of them. Meanwhile, he's taking notes -- comparing all the behaviors he's witnessing to what he studied about Central and South American revolutions, etc. :lol:

He and I eventually got caught as observers at the back end of a march, which was a bad, bad thing. Rows of police lined up on motorcycles, side-by-side, to sweep the street from building across the street to building to clear everyone out -- and we were caught in the middle of it. To make their point, the cops even started shooting rubber bullets at us, so my housemate and I jumped the fence of some house to escape the bullet fire and the wall of motorcycles sweeping people off the streets. That was some crazy stuff.

But to say my housemate didn't have any idea how the world works, you have to be freaking kidding me, IZ. :p It was pretty clear that night, as he saved me from getting run over by a cop and shot by rubber bullets. :D

Just made Tikka Masala from scratch, a lot of ingredients but dear god I made it as good as a Glaswegian :lick:
My wife made a killer Greek salad and some hummus and pita. :lick:

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I sense some bias here. :D

When I was a grad student at Berkeley (long, long ago), I was once housemates with a PhD of PoliSci who studied revolutions. He and I headed out to the nearby People's Park demonstrations (linked, because the issue takes a bit to explain). Demonstrations suddenly turned to riots that evening, and we were caught in the middle of them. Meanwhile, he's taking notes -- comparing all the behaviors he's witnessing to what he studied about Central and South American revolutions, etc. :lol:

He and I eventually got caught as observers at the back end of a march, which was a bad, bad thing. Rows of police lined up on motorcycles, side-by-side, to sweep the street from building across the street to building to clear everyone out -- and we were caught in the middle of it. To make their point, the cops even started shooting rubber bullets at us, so my housemate and I jumped the fence of some house to escape the bullet fire and the wall of motorcycles sweeping people off the streets. That was some crazy stuff.

But to say my housemate didn't have any idea how the world works, you have to be freaking kidding me, IZ. :p It was pretty clear that night, as he saved me from getting run over by a cop and shot by rubber bullets. :D

My wife made a killer Greek salad and some hummus and pita. :lick:
Your friend who was attempting to empirically correlate anti-facist revolutions and student activism from 'Pinko' Universities :p

I would say my theory holds steady :D

Did he come to the conclusion that the revolutions in Latin America were the fault of the system to which he holds fealty and is a citizen of?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 775)