Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
:lol: booooo you Andy
It's a yearly event canadian chemistry conference which is starting tomorrow until wednesday. This year in Toronto and next year in Montreal. It is a chance to meet another fellow chemists and present our work
I am oresenting on Sunday at 5 pm. I have a 20 minutes talk

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:lol: booooo you Andy
It's a yearly event canadian chemistry conference which is starting tomorrow until wednesday. This year in Toronto and next year in Montreal. It is a chance to meet another fellow chemists and present our work
I am oresenting on Sunday at 5 pm. I have a 20 minutes talk
Yeah and then the following year it's in Vancouver and then the following year it's back in fucking Toronto, I get it. Build some more decent cities you Canuck.

Good luck on your presentation.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Yeah and then the following year it's in Vancouver and then the following year it's back in fucking Toronto, I get it. Build some more decent cities you Canuck.

Good luck on your presentation.
Last year was in Hamilton (aka the pittsburgh of Canada) and the year before was in Edmonton.
Thanks for the good wishes
Any who, how is it going you Americans ?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
hahaha! how did you know about my "french pretensions"?!

drinking some hefeweizen, it's pretty decent considering that it's made in the USA. sierra nevada...
I am the Illuminaughty.

Sierra Nevada isn't bad, really. Draught SN is pretty solid and doesn't taste like piss.

Last year was in Hamilton (aka the pittsburgh of Canada) and the year before was in Edmonton.
Thanks for the good wishes
Any who, how is it going you Americans ?
Going pretty good, having some Svedka.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I am the Illuminaughty.

Sierra Nevada isn't bad, really. Draught SN is pretty solid and doesn't taste like piss.

yeah, it's pretty solid. I found a place 10 blocks down from my place with $5.50 draft American "craft" beers...pretty great, considering that in this area it's usually $6 for a fucking bottle of corona, and at least $7 for draft beer

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
yeah, if you're REALLY fucking lucky. I don't drink hard liquor for the most part, but drinking beer here is ridiculous. Depressing, actually, since I can only afford to go drink good beer once a month or so

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Good stuff Andy, Vodka all the way.

I feel you Henry, living in a big city like new york.
I went out for 3 hours with friends tonight in a small city like london compared to NY, and spent over 70$ tonight.
It's so expensive to go out these day. You can't get a drink for less than 5 $

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Good stuff Andy, Vodka all the way.

I feel you Henry, living in a big city like new york.
I went out for 3 hours with friends tonight in a small city like london compared to NY, and spent over 70$ tonight.
It's so expensive to go out these day. You can't get a drink for less than 5 $

yep, it blows. London is insane as well. We have one place close by with $10 pitchers and $4 bottles, but obviously the beer is mediocre. We put up with it though, since the pizza and burgers are good :D

there are a couple places around with great beer though, but as you say, if you go out for the night....you have to be ready to pay a shitload

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
yep, it blows. London is insane as well. We have one place close by with $10 pitchers and $4 bottles, but obviously the beer is mediocre. We put up with it though, since the pizza and burgers are good :D

there are a couple places around with great beer though, but as you say, if you go out for the night....you have to be ready to pay a shitload
I am in London Canada and not London UK. It's a city of half a million population , but still you would pitchers for ~14$ and the beer isn't that great. Definitely if you go out for the night expect to pay.
I was supposed to go watch sex and the city with some friends but decided to ditch them and go for dinner and drinks in dtown with other friends. Watching Sarah Jessica parker and friends would have saved me extra bucks for sure :D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I am in London Canada and not London UK. It's a city of half a million population , but still you would pitchers for ~14$ and the beer isn't that great. Definitely if you go out for the night expect to pay.
I was supposed to go watch sex and the city with some friends but decided to ditch them and go for dinner and drinks in dtown with other friends. Watching Sarah Jessica parker and friends would have saved me extra bucks for sure :D

:lol::lol::lol:

god, from what i've heard of that movie, you'd need at least 3 pitchers to cleanse yourself of that crap!

and I definitely didn't get the London CA thing....was wondering how the hell London was a small city :D

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
sex and the city?...fuck that movie man..go spend that money on drinks :D..

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
:lol::lol::lol:

god, from what i've heard of that movie, you'd need at least 3 pitchers to cleanse yourself of that crap!

and I definitely didn't get the London CA thing....was wondering how the hell London was a small city :D
I hear you, so apparently I was better off not watching it.
Yeah, I live in the wrong london :D

@ Blondu: I did exactly that and spent it and drinks ;). Enjoy the bbq.
Ok guys, it's time to pack my luggage for my trip tomorrow. Have a good night everybody.

Peace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 589)