Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
You want me to read a book about Mormon violence? I have studied US history for the past 6 years lol. I know that George Washington was a terrorist (did i just do that) and that the Mormons masacred people in the mountain passes. I do not know what happened in 1984...*wikis*

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I thought you might actually be interested in the mindset that goes on behind fundamentalism.
Fair enough, im reading up on the book now. I thought you were trying to educate me on what the Mormons have been getting up. But im a lot more interested in the book now you've mentioned 'the mindset that goes on behind fundamentalism'.

Where are you from?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Fair enough, im reading up on the book now. I thought you were trying to educate me on what the Mormons have been getting up. But im a lot more interested in the book now you've mentioned 'the mindset that goes on behind fundamentalism'.

Where are you from?
The US. All around. My father was in the military.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You want me to read a book about Mormon violence? I have studied US history for the past 6 years lol. I know that George Washington was a terrorist (did i just do that) and that the Mormons masacred people in the mountain passes. I do not know what happened in 1984...*wikis*
He isn't a terrorist in my book.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
As for the book, I've met a few ex-mormons in my time and heard some disturbing stories. So when the writer of one of my favorite books decided to tackle the subject I immediately gave it a read. It was well worth it, the author neither glorifies nor condemns the religion. He merely states what he is told be those he interviews.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I had thought you were north american but didnt want to call you canadian or american to avoid offense lol. Is Obama a socalist islamic fundamentalist that is hell bent on destroying america?
No. I think he ultimately wants the nation to succeed, but is torn between doing what is right and what his investors, oops I mean campaign supporters, want him to do. Same as any other President.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
No. I think he ultimately wants the nation to succeed, but is torn between doing what is right and what his investors, oops I mean campaign supporters, want him to do. Same as any other President.
I think people had really high expectations for him and weren't aware that it's hard to see real, good changes considering he's been in charge for less than a year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 617)