Jun 16, 2020
Well, you have to remember that the energy which keeps everything together is light. Photons, at an atomic level, keep atoms together, they are the force. So, that's why nothing can travel faster than light. However, if you could transmit light, you could theoretically transport matter.
Light is that fast because it doesn’t have any mass. But that’s the case with worm holes, even though they didn’t transported any mass but data; a worm hole is basically a short cut in space time allowing whatever goes trough it to potentially travel faster than light would do. But keep in mind that this was a computer generated worm hole.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily I have a fixed price for energy, my bill didn’t go up. Heard some ridiculous stories of friends/colleagues. Some went up from €180 per month to almost €500, others already had to pay €800 extra and the year isn’t even finished yet

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Luckily I have a fixed price for energy, my bill didn’t go up. Heard some ridiculous stories of friends/colleagues. Some went up from €180 per month to almost €500, others already had to pay €800 extra and the year isn’t even finished yet
that's tough indeed

i'm paying the equivalent of ~20-something euros for a ~75m2 flat for heating, and a bit less for electricity. with us, energy prices are related to the national average consumption per households. i keep temperatures of around 22 degrees when we're home, and do not have any appliance with a big power drain, so i'm at ~60% of the national average with gas, and at ~80% with electricity. latter will be an issue on the long run if the system wouldn't change: those who started to use solar panels will likely decrease their consumption so i might run into trouble

Jun 16, 2020
that's tough indeed

i'm paying the equivalent of ~20-something euros for a ~75m2 flat for heating, and a bit less for electricity. with us, energy prices are related to the national average consumption per households. i keep temperatures of around 22 degrees when we're home, and do not have any appliance with a big power drain, so i'm at ~60% of the national average with gas, and at ~80% with electricity. latter will be an issue on the long run if the system wouldn't change: those who started to use solar panels will likely decrease their consumption so i might run into trouble
Wow that’s nothing. We pay a €190 fixed price, and as things stand now we slightly overpaid so we’re likely to get €100-ish back at the end of the month. But we were lucky to already had this type of contract pre-Russian invasion. Other who’s energy contracts were expiring or who just moved run straight into problems with energy companies refusing to give fixed prices, while they’re making record earnings. Fuck this world man

Really had some genuine talks with some of my colleagues, just guys with a household and with 20 years of working experience. Some stay just above water, others are short on a monthly base with €100/200. Crazy for a country that is considered to be rich, I’m quite sure that these are from a financial pov the roughest times in decades.

My advise to every guy with a family would be to create a second source of income to maintain your family. Don’t sit back and trust the government to fix this.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
it's all right, gas reserves are enough to get us through this coming winter, regardless of the weather. next year is a bit more worrying
If we get hard winter I think the consumption will drastically increase and create tons of problems despite the reserves. But yes, I think the next winter will devastate many countries, it will be very painful. We gotta see crazy inflation coming as soon as the winter ends.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Holy shit temperatures below zero in winter?????????????????????????????

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

It's ogre EU bros

we done for

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that’s nothing. We pay a €190 fixed price, and as things stand now we slightly overpaid so we’re likely to get €100-ish back at the end of the month. But we were lucky to already had this type of contract pre-Russian invasion. Other who’s energy contracts were expiring or who just moved run straight into problems with energy companies refusing to give fixed prices, while they’re making record earnings. Fuck this world man

Really had some genuine talks with some of my colleagues, just guys with a household and with 20 years of working experience. Some stay just above water, others are short on a monthly base with €100/200. Crazy for a country that is considered to be rich, I’m quite sure that these are from a financial pov the roughest times in decades.

My advise to every guy with a family would be to create a second source of income to maintain your family. Don’t sit back and trust the government to fix this.
Are you guys heating to 30°C?
I looked up my gas consumption stats for the last five years for my 78m² apartment in a building from 1970s. And about 1500 kWh (one thousand five hundred) was the average consumption. So for 2021 my total cost was about 450€. I don't even know what the fuck people are doing to receive such ridiculous bills. Electricity is a different matter since I waste about 3000 kWh but that's more due to our 'very smart' government choosing to abandon NPPs without any replacement in sight. Using no electric heaters either. Maybe I just fart a lot which keeps me warm

Last edited:
OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #369,635
    that's tough indeed

Damn, dog. 22C? Some like it hot. I roll 20C because I have baller coats.

Jun 16, 2020
    Are you guys heating to 30°C?
    I looked up my gas consumption stats for the last five years for my 78m² apartment in a building from 1970s. And about 1500 kWh (one thousand five hundred) was the average consumption. So for 2021 my total cost was about 450€. I don't even know what the fuck people are doing to receive such ridiculous bills. Electricity is a different matter since I waste about 3000 kWh but that's more due to our 'very smart' government choosing to abandon NPPs without any replacement in sight. Using no electric heaters either. Maybe I just fart a lot which keeps me warm
    No man, my house is around 20 degrees when we’re at home, and 17,5 when we go to sleep. It’s just that expensive here. It’s the gas and electricity bill combined btw. My house is a bit bigger though, 100m2 with two floors, basically a typical Dutch house.

This country is becoming as Mr Tate would qualify a failed society. Due to long term contracts we sell gas coming from Dutch soil to Germany for a cheap price, the drilling for gas caused earthquakes so by order of a judge the government has to close it in the future and drill less; therefore we export our own gas cheap to you (and other countries) and import expensive gas from elsewhere in the world. Just scroll down here to the statistics from last summer, not sure if it has been changed by now, probably not https://www.businessinsider.nl/gasprijs-nederland-europa-stroom-vergelijking-augustus-2022/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1125)