lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
There's some woman in my city that works as a ... producer? I don't even fully know what she's doing bar picking the location for projects and reading scripts. I don't really know her but I have her contact. Well, she sent me a text today saying how she read my book in one and a half day (fucking crazy but she reads scripts for like 10 years so she's kinda into reading hardcore). She finished it this morning as she was reading during night. She told me she loved it and she thinks it's great. For one story she even called a scenarist on her project and he said "that's Chekov". When I read that part I looked into my pants to see if my dick fell off. Shortly, nothing big besides that happened, but hearing that was just a nuke right in my face. I totally loved it. Huge boost. After that I was like FUCK IT I'm gonna buy myself a sweater in Zara cause of the black Friday so I ended buying it on a 50% discount.
Make a movie :tuttosport:

The Dusan success story :touched:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Gotta share the happy moments. Both were good enough to post. Forza good buys. I guess it's a bigger deal when you're poor. When you have money you just pick and don't feel the rush inside you 2:
Just picking clothes is stupid.

Since a year or two I buy clothes I would consider expensive. However I buy very few items and they last ages. In the end it's cheaper.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It’s not bad here, well, at least outside the city. Of course, on 3k a month (after tax) you aren’t going to be buying a nice home here, but it’s not hard to live off that and have disposable income for saving a little or hobbies/interests/etc.

You can find a 1br place for $1000-$1200 a month or so I believe (I don’t rent myself, so not positive about this). Throw in $500 a month for groceries (doesn’t include eating out). $100 for car insurance. $200 for gas. $100 for phone bill. $100 a month for car maintenance/repairs.

You’re still going to have $500-$1000 each month for hobbies/booze/clothing/eating out/saving/whatever other expenses.

Of course, with more money you can afford to drink better booze, buy nicer things, eat out more and better, Save more money, etc. But it’s not that hard to live a financially worry free and enjoyable life with as little as $3k a month after tax here.
So with rent & taxes that's 5k a month.

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoy working on my online stores and almost everything that comes with it.

It's just law, fuckin' law.
Do you dropship?

- - - Updated - - -

Zara >>>> H&M

At least you can wash items from Zara without them falling apart...
Zara designs clothes so they will last 6 months. I guess most trendy brands do.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Just picking clothes is stupid.

Since a year or two I buy clothes I would consider expensive. However I buy very few items and they last ages. In the end it's cheaper.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Makes total sense BUT......

Theoretically... Depends on what you want. If a person wants classy look and to be a gent, I'd say more expensive stuff is more suited. There's the other side, though, which prefers quantity over quality because of the fashion, styling and layering. Such people, from what I've noticed, like to mix and match different fabrics, colors and styles. In such case quantity plays a bigger/better role because you need a lot more stuff in order to fit clothes that's "different" (difficult colors to match, weird stuff that's not suited for everyone, etc.).

Real life situation, though... here's a serious question: does more expensive clothes last for longer?

I don't think it's the same thing as with cars, where you know you're getting better stuff. When it comes to clothes I find that quite shaky. Most of the time imo you're just buying a brand which does not guarantee a better quality. I consider Nike to have quite expensive shoes but when it comes to quality they last as much as any other brand which costs 50% less. Paciotti, which cost 2-3x more, also lasts just as much. If you're using shoes just to walk to your car, and then to your office, I don't think that indicates their quality per se. I don't know, but I highly doubt Diesel justifies paying over 200 euros for a pair of jeans, especially when it comes to black ones as they all lose their color after some period of time. I read somewhere how Drake is wearing some boots that cost 800 pounds. It's just because he's Drake and that's peanuts to him. Rich people would always pick more expensive stuff due to their image. But there's no way that brand has more quality (nor the better looks) than the standard Caterpillar boots. Regular Cat boots would last for 5-7 years and I doubt those that cost literally 8x more would give you more lasting boots. It's just that you'll be able to show that your balls (read: wallet) are bigger.

I could add that it most of the time same goes for niche perfumes. Just because you pay for one perfume 300-800 euros doesn't mean you're gonna have a more lasting smell. Yes, in some cases like Amouage house, you're gonna end up with a beast. But there are also 300-800 ranged ones which will last as much as the ones that cost 50-80 euros while their smell isn't even THAT good.

IMO (most of the time, not always) it's just a spending power you're showing since you're wearing THAT brand. Not all of the people should be able to buy anything they want. It's been always like that.

Lastly, I just want to clarify one thing. I do not think that a pair of Chinese jeans that cost 10 euros is the same as Diesel jeans. I'm more about comparing mid-level stuff with the high-end of the products.

I don't think it's the same although H&M has some better stuff despite the price (I find their t-shirts, especially blank ones, to have a much better quality over Zara). However when it comes to sweaters, shirts and especially jeans I find Zara to be a lot better. The design of their jeans is much more neat and suits a lot better when it comes to slim fit. Also, I think they last way more (washing & not losing their design/cut). I also like Zara's chelsea boots more (I wouldn't say Zara is a great brand for chelsea, though, I'd probably go for Aldo there which is again more expensive).

Make a movie :tuttosport:

The Dusan success story :touched:
It's on the wishlist :donedeal:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1130)