DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Or the Fiesta Nacional de la Vendimia, or just vendimia, in a lot of Latin countries. Or the Kadazan Festival in Malaysia. Or Greek Thesmophoria. Or Incwala in Swaziland. Or Korea's Chuseok Harvest Festival.

Yeah, everybody's got one. But you have a psychotically religious country like the US that has either made all their holidays about God or making money or both, and their Thanksgiving is a complete anomaly. And it's the longest vacation period people get all year. Some may last longer and have cooler features, but few have had to survive the commercialization onslaught and religious fervor of the American Thanksgiving.
:tup:

But don't you feel bad for this cool fellow?

th?id=OIP.jpg

I see you, Kyle. Put down your Pistol-Crossbow.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
In Portugal the word for turkey is peru. Sounds silly until you realize the origins of the word. Turns out the Portuguese got the hemisphere right at least.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:tup:

But don't you feel bad for this cool fellow?

th?id=OIP.jpg

I see you, Kyle. Put down your Pistol-Crossbow.
No. Turkeys are suicidal, moronic pests. Killing them is an act of mercy

- - - Updated - - -

turkey isn't even tasty, no wonder blacks pour 5 kg of seasonings all over it
This. but we should still be killing them.

- - - Updated - - -

But Halloween is so politically loaded now in the US. There are 17-page lists of costume dos and donts -- lest you risk trying to have a laugh and someone claims that you've just gravely insulted seven generations of their family tree and then everybody rails you on social media over it. There's a fucked-up seasonal industry that temporarily converts abandoned retail stores into clearinghouses for nasty used clothes sold for gounging prices for one-night rentals. The whole thing has become a bit toxic for my tastes and a lot less fun.

And believe me... if you're here on the streets of Lisbon from July to September, you are in no need of some skanky drag queen cosplay parade to get your boner up if you catch an eyeful of what people are wearing on the streets here for three months prior. That's what the visually impoverished do.

Meh that shit is overhyped though. Not that many people are so easily offended and certainly not the types I would ever hang out with. Its just a very vocal minority that gets disproportionate media coverage then schools end up banning you from saying Merry Christmas to someone. Everyone still does it though.

If you're not a total douche or a mindless useful idiot that buys into latest outrage on the twitterverse Halloween is still a lot of fun.

Though i do agree it is odd how fast this came up. It wasn't that long ago that my dad went to a large Halloween party dressed in a sheik costume with fake tnt strapped across his chest and a detonator.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Some weird girl just tried to get in my car. Not sure who she thought I was but she opened my passenger side door, looked me in the face and made like she was about to get in. My car is new and i am still protective so i just reacted said aggressively "what the fuck" she looked like she was about to piss herself in fear closed the door and hurried away.

Shame as she was kind of pretty but looked somewhat beat possibly a druggie hence my not wanting her in the car.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Some weird girl just tried to get in my car. Not sure who she thought I was but she opened my passenger side door, looked me in the face and made like she was about to get in. My car is new and i am still protective so i just reacted said aggressively "what the fuck" she looked like she was about to piss herself in fear closed the door and hurried away.

Shame as she was kind of pretty but looked somewhat beat possibly a druggie hence my not wanting her in the car.
What the fuck

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

My friends mom did that. She entered some random guys car that was parked and guy was sitting there. He didn't even say anything, just looked at her confused. She sat in the car only there she noticed that's not her husband. Basically, they had the same car that were close to each other and she was carrying some bags. Funnily thing, when she was about to exit she looked at him once more and said "you're not even as pretty as my husband" and went out.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

@DAiDEViL's ideal woman.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
My friends mom did that. She entered some random guys car that was parked and guy was sitting there. He didn't even say anything, just looked at her confused. She sat in the car only there she noticed that's not her husband. Basically, they had the same car that were close to each other and she was carrying some bags. Funnily thing, when she was about to exit she looked at him once more and said "you're not even as pretty as my husband" and went out.
WTF :rofl:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 125)