Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
No, but seriously. I was partially joking, but half of the truth is among those lines. People are completely lost and everyone wants the key that opens doors, yet nobody wants to spend time searching for it. They simply want everything, and they want it instantly.
People want everything instantly because everything is offered instantly. Now with the internet we have everything within our reach, whatever you look for and want (and I appreciate it cause I can watch Juve's matchs and watch classic movies :lol3:). In the end, the culture of instantaneous has its pros and cons. People also read less because visual communication is more effective and arrives faster.

About the "twin souls" I think we all know that there is no such thing. But I suppose that many people continue to deceive themselves because they are insecure, and they look for someone to complete them instead of looking for someone to complement them, which isn't the same.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No, but seriously. I was partially joking, but half of the truth is among those lines. People are completely lost and everyone wants the key that opens doors, yet nobody wants to spend time searching for it. They simply want everything, and they want it instantly.

Looking at the bigger picture I'd say women fall in love for the men principle. The man. Even when you look in the deep history you had a cave man. There were probably two types. One that would be savage, brutal and the one that goes hunting and comes back with a fucking elephant on his back ready to grill it. The arrogant type that had the biggest cave so others could just envy him (ehm, the creation of sin). Women probably wanted protection, safety and wanted to be a part of his crew and even orgies. Even sharing such guy would bring some sort of satisfaction. Then, on the other side, there's the other guy. The romantic type of guy that's the creator of art, poetry, etc. The type of guy that would love some of the girls that don't even look at him. A weakling. A type of guy that goes hunting and comes out with a fucking squirrel (and that's on a good day). They have to pick between those two, and it's usually the first one that gets selected. But it's also great to have the guy because he's going through hell and back, he's meeting sorrow and despair, worlds that are totally different and worlds that he can only see by himself at that point. Both sides are helping humanity and development.

I see men very often being sad. Sad because they lost a person they loved. Lost. Like it was some kind of object that you buy in a shop and think of it as your personal inventory. But it was not a robbery, it was a two-way street and somebody just thought higher of somebody else, rather than you. And people are so different. You have a huge tree with millions of leaves, yet not two leaves are identical. Not even identical twins are identical. Yet people think how they had a soul mate that was a perfect fit. Well, you know buddy, it sure as hell wasn't perfect fit when she left you. And chances are huge that she left him because lost the principal that men are supposed to have. Women are also very strange and different. Shockingly, they have 1 men hormone and 2 women ones. Men have only women ones. But that's no surprise either as it's always men who write the best romantic stuff and win Nobel prizes. It's Werther that's being born from men, not women.

There's way too much topic about money nowadays. Sure, it's important. It even buys you health (to a certain extant). But people still want everything instantly, hence all the sold books about 10 steps to get a million dollars and to lose 40kg in a month. They all want it easy. Just like they want an easy love. Sadly though, they are not aware that easy love can be bought, but not the true love. Finding excuses has become a hoby for a modern man. Everyone thinks himself of a victim of a socity. Everyone thinks he can make the world a better place if they just listened to him. But he never listens to the depths of his soul, so he stays rusty and start the auto-destruction.
Heavy, great stuff, Il Duce. You've clearly done your homework of introspection and self-awareness. Most everybody is looking outward for satisfaction because it's so f'ing scary and difficult to look inward. So rather than do the hard work of getting to know the self and how you tick, it's much easier to click off to the next Instagram story, to buy the product in the next ad that promises to fill the hole you feel in your life and identity, the next right swipe to replace the bae-now-ex because it's easier to believe that true love is a matter of just the instant lottery right match and not work like that the relationship with your now-ex sure as hell turned out to be, to offer instant gratification shortcuts because what is life's journey but an accumulation of easy hacks to satisfy the soul.

Your post raises a few interesting questions. For example: are the women who are drawn to the traditional cavemen merely setting themselves up for failure because they're chasing a lie, a shortcut that they believe promises to make them relationship complete from the mental models they cannot escape from.... particularly because it's easier than doing internal exploration and work? Or are cavemen more trustworthy to these women because they believe they're accessing the more primal, authentic selves of these cavemen rather than the sentimental and moody lover boys who might be just faking it until they make it with some flawed white knight strategy?

You're right about loss, however. What makes that loss so acute -- especially with the extreme example of the many murder-suicide men who get stuck on perfect fit mentality -- is sometimes the perceived effort it would take to find and create something of similar or equal value to them. It's also a product of the cognitive bias of hyperbolic discounting. And yet life is always change... people out, but also people in. And some just discount anybody they might ever meet in the future... which is ridiculous but rooted in this failure thinking.
No better way to start your Friday than with some Dusan philosophy :calmark:
It's quality alright. :tup:

At the end of the day, it's all about roast beef or pressed ham

@swag
Depends on who's roasting your beef or pressing your ham. Know what I'm sayin'??

People want everything instantly because everything is offered instantly. Now with the internet we have everything within our reach, whatever you look for and want (and I appreciate it cause I can watch Juve's matchs and watch classic movies :lol3:). In the end, the culture of instantaneous has its pros and cons. People also read less because visual communication is more effective and arrives faster.

About the "twin souls" I think we all know that there is no such thing. But I suppose that many people continue to deceive themselves because they are insecure, and they look for someone to complete them instead of looking for someone to complement them, which isn't the same.
We have De Laurentiis talking about how football matches should be reduced to 60 minutes to appeal to younger audiences with no patience.

Hey, I admittedly can't listen to podcasts because it's too much listening to voice mail.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ive alwasy been fond of the idea of swerving under a truck in a low convertible.
Great way to beat them to a parking spot... and give him a gruesome death scene to scar him for the rest of his life.

Serves him right for trying to muscle in on your parking spot.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
We have De Laurentiis talking about how football matches should be reduced to 60 minutes to appeal to younger audiences with no patience.
:sergio:
For me they are too short.

I don't know why I imagine you as a Gothic guy.

Btw, wasn't Igor's birthday yesterday? @lgorTudor I remember that you said (and showed graphical evidence) that you were celebrating the same day that Marotta left us. Sometimes I have a good memory.
You are lucky to have been born in the best month of the year and not be from Libra.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Btw, wasn't Igor's birthday yesterday? @@lgorTudor I remember that you said (and showed graphical evidence) that you were celebrating the same day that Marotta left us. Sometimes I have a good memory.
You are lucky to have been born in the best month of the year and not be from Libra.
Yes, October kinda sucks tho, although this year was pretty warm, I mean 20+°C constantly until last week

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Going to try and hunt a hog tonight for the first time. Wish me luck.

And no that is not a euphemism for sexing a fat girl. I am literally trying to track down and shoot a giant wild pig at night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1187)